Fossils Of Ancient Cat's Head.

Hengky

I'm sorry to inform you, this unfortunately is NOT a fossil cat head. :(

Looks nothing like a skull.

The other actual fossils you are finding are from an ancient sea floor, and not terrestrial remains.

What you have there is a chunk of limestone, with possibly some invertebrate remains, (but I don't really even see that) not a cat skull.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

You are confusing a suggestive shape; meat does not fossilize intact and in the shape it has in life.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

But there are some nice Pleistocene fossils within a few miles west of Bogor - keep looking!

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Sorry, just a lump of rock with a strange shape. Marine enviroment means you won't find things you see on land sandly. I know we would all like it to be something as rare as a cat skull, but it just isn't. Keep looking for marine fossils!

Best wishes,

Archived