Joyce

Hi ya'll!

I am looking to purchase some books. (I know. I know. We have SO many references online why do I need books?) I would like them not only to help with tooth and fossil ID but about epochs, evolution/lineage of sharks and discussions there about. I love reading about debated discussions on shark lineage. Areas I have hunted (and plan on hunting soon) include eastern Virginia, Calvert Cliffs of MD and Eastern NC including Aurora, GMR, and the near coastal of NC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

The lee Creek Volume with the Shark Chapter is also a must-have.

http://smithsonianrex.si.edu/index.php/scp/article/view/524

The Neogene Sharks, Rays, and Bony Fishes from Lee Creek Mine, Aurora, North Carolinack

Robert W. Purdy, Vincent P. Schneider, Shelton P. Applegate, Jack H. McLellan, Robert L. Meyer, Bob H. Slaughter

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Wow! Just browsing through I'm blown away. These are exactly what I've been looking for! That way I can keep up with ya'll! :)

I browsed through and some of the ID forums I read completely make sense now. I love that light bulb felling! :D

I have a tupperware tub I carry in the pickup with 6-8 books that I use for identification, or geological features or maps and trails. Also keep notes in the book to what I collected and how much. Books are a good thing as most really good fossil spots are so far away from a cell tower I can't look up everything on line. At least that is the way it is in Wyoming and Montana. :D

I carry "Gem Trails".... of what ever state I'm collecting, "Roadside Geology"..... of that state and the "Audubon Society Field Guides".... for fossil, rocks, and minerals. Sometimes I want that immediate feedback on my finds. I also carry a couple of note books to map where I've gone, contact information and of course those notes............I'd hate to lose any of those notebooks :(

It is always good to have those books. If you are like FF member JPC and you break down a lot, you'll have plenty of reading material while waiting to be rescued. :rofl:

Jim

Old Dead Things

I am definitely a note taker. That is another reason I like my good ol books.

LOL @ reading material!

It is always good to have those books. If you are like FF member JPC and you break down a lot, you'll have plenty of reading material while waiting to be rescued. :rofl:

Jim

Old Dead Things

Hey now, Jim. I've only broken down thrice in the past ten years. (One twenty mile walk, and one 50 mile tow from my rancher buddy, and one limp back to town... that car has was retired after the limp).