Gold Nugget Not A Fossil, But Wow!

Roanoker

Wow! Chi-Ching! How could you miss one of those... But apparently he didn't just stumble upon it. Like fossils, usually you have to work hard and long for it...

Gold nuggets here tends to be around 80%. At $1,700 (I bet this will look anachronistic in a couple of years) an ounce, that's around $240,000. Not too shabby.

Depending where I go collecting, I usually take my gold pan and have found some placer deposits. I'll get a picture and load it today... if I can find where I put that vile.....

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

That is awesome... I was watching Gold Rush and Bearing Sea Gold yesterday and got the itch.. I went on ebay with the intentions of buying a gram or half a gram of small pickers - just to add to my rock collection.. $40-$70 or so..

But then I decided to look at a little bit bigger nugs and try to find one that is a good deal.

Well I found a 12 gram nugget from alaska and hit BUY IT NOW! hahahaa... Totally impulse. I went and told the wife I got a small gold nugget, and she was like "cool!" . Then asked how big and I said "12 grams" and she started doing the math. hahahaa.. She was laughing at me. I told her I was going to flip it for a bigger nugget and keep going till I had a huge one. hahaha

Wow! Chi-Ching! How could you miss one of those... But apparently he didn't just stumble upon it. Like fossils, usually you have to work hard and long for it...

But maybe, just maybe..... thats the best part, you never know whats on the other side of that rock you are about to turn over! I think I would have collapsed and someone would have found me dead laying next to the nugget. Too bad there aren't too many gold deposits in Kansas.... plenty of black gold though!

Yes I would have a hard time controlling my heart too...

That flipping idea is a good one, if they can start with a trinket and end up with a house, why not a big nugget?? Might try that... just have to get the price fixed in my head and do some math..

post-6208-0-57211200-1358807010_thumb.jpg

Roger

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew);Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who [Rudyard Kipling]

That is awesome... I was watching Gold Rush and Bearing Sea Gold yesterday and got the itch.. I went on ebay with the intentions of buying a gram or half a gram of small pickers - just to add to my rock collection.. $40-$70 or so..

But then I decided to look at a little bit bigger nugs and try to find one that is a good deal.

Well I found a 12 gram nugget from alaska and hit BUY IT NOW! hahahaa... Totally impulse. I went and told the wife I got a small gold nugget, and she was like "cool!" . Then asked how big and I said "12 grams" and she started doing the math. hahahaa.. She was laughing at me. I told her I was going to flip it for a bigger nugget and keep going till I had a huge one. hahaha

Just remember that Alaskan gold, while relatively pure, is roughly 95% pure, and that gold is measured in trojan ounces.

Depending on the area I collect, I know of one 'secret' location that I take my pan with me. Here's some of the gold I found and some garnets. Always keep your eye open at the material and location you collect. The best I can guess at this location, it was the mouth of a small ancient stream/river that dumped into what was part of the Pacific from the Olympics. It's higher in elevation now and about 50 miles from the present day coast.

post-7395-0-91716500-1358960942_thumb.jpg

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif