Casey- Lost Thread, Still Going To Nsr?

mommabetts

I can't find the tread where you were wanting to go to the NSR this weekend. I think there are some that are wanting to go, if you are still interested let us know.

OK it is suppose to be thread not tread, sorry, I am going to have to slow down so all letters are present.

We could meet at the hwy 34 bridge around 10 or 11. Then go from there. I heard the hwy 68 bridge may be good? I have always had good luck at the 34 bridge! I'm always open for new places to dig in the dirt also!

Randy

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

explorer1 is wanting to go also and maybe some more. I told them to watch this thread so keep and eye on it and we all can maybe do something this weekend, That time is fine for me, see what the others think.

Guest solius symbiosus
OK it is suppose to be thread not tread, sorry, I am going to have to slow down so all letters are present.

I fixed it for you. I'm not sure, but I think that if you hit the "edit" button in the first post, you can also edit the title, but I might be wrong.

i will be there at daylight, i have a place in mind if yall are up for it lol no need for rope ,

also i have gravel for sale check the trade room or my posts. god hunting.

The weather looks great for Saturday! Are we still meeting at the Hwy 34 bridge? All are welcome!

See you all then

Randy

Someone should bring a camera. I have a couple of my last finds that I will bring.

Randy

Well, the weather couldn't have been better. I found 2 teeth, some bone fragment, and some I don't know what they are. If I could take a good picture I would put them up. Maybe next time more would show up. It would be nice to hunt with an adult sometime!

All in all I think I had a great hunt!

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious -- why is the original posting of this thread linked to the Locations Map? Thought the Map was for descriptions of locations so others might explore them.

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

Just curious -- why is the original posting of this thread linked to the Locations Map? Thought the Map was for descriptions of locations so others might explore them.

My guess would be because it is at the North Sulphur River in Northeast Texas, which is a treasure chest for fossil hunters looking for late Cretaceous and Pleistocene fossils. It has both invertebrate and vertebrate. There has even been a book wrote by the Dallas Paleontological Society on a 20 mile stretch of it. A lot of the Societies members are also members on the forum here. Fossil collectors from all over go there to hunt them.

My guess would be because it is at the North Sulphur River in Northeast Texas, which is a treasure chest for fossil hunters looking for late Cretaceous and Pleistocene fossils. It has both invertebrate and vertebrate. There has even been a book wrote by the Dallas Paleontological Society on a 20 mile stretch of it. A lot of the Societies members are also members on the forum here. Fossil collectors from all over go there to hunt them.

Sounds good, though the thread doesn't address that until we get to your posting. Would make more sense for the point to be relabeled and linked to a location description. (Any moderators reading this?)

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams