Gasoline Powered Angle Grinder.

Raistlin

The Gas powered grinder is 12.4lbs with 7" diamond tip blade. 2cycle engine

post-2446-0-40705500-1359239129_thumb.jpg

post-2446-0-62471000-1359239157_thumb.jpg

That looks just like the one or two I keep seeing. I guess there are not a lot of places who make them.

Thanks for the photos. The weight would be nice compared to a concrete saw. Of course I guess I could leave either in the car until I needed them, but this would still be easier to carry there and back if needed.

Robert
Southeast, MO

Yes from Green River.... I also made a concrete saw weedwhacker also in the early days... can cut underwater at least the head component can be submerged...

A friend has a weedwacker converted into a rock saw. It is nice but is odd at times when using. I have an old weedeater I would like to convert, but I would like the arm to be shorter.

Robert
Southeast, MO

Think the weed wacker saw design is Russian design... a short shank wacker with interchangeble head is ideal.... again the torque power is weak ... think it cuts even slower than gas angle grinder.... last time I used one was more than 5 years ago.... the concrete saw still works best in the field.

That looks just like the one or two I keep seeing. I guess there are not a lot of places who make them.

Thanks for the photos. The weight would be nice compared to a concrete saw. Of course I guess I could leave either in the car until I needed them, but this would still be easier to carry there and back if needed.

The demand is not high.... odd ball power tool.... I also have a gas powered circular saw with diamond tip blade but is awkward to use... still back to the concrete saw.

I have experimented with all kinds of cutting devices and still I return back to the Gasoline Concrete saw configuration.... I also have electric concrete saw but a pain to lug a 50lb generator to power it.... I also have electric jackhammer.. have not had a chance to use it yet... again lugging around a generator and extension cord is cumbersome.

Wow, I have now just seen about a dozen tools I never knew I wanted until now!

I have had to leave a lot behind over the years as it was next to impossible to cut something out by hand.

With the exception of a very good quality battery hammer drill (with a few spares fully charged) I have not used much more than hammer and chisel for almost all of my fossils.

That petrol angle grinder and rock saw look awesome, just don't know how often I would use them?

• 5 months later...

Thought I would put this out there since you guys are talking about using weedeaters for different things. Sears Craftsman brand of current weedeaters has a changable head/shaft system for them. If you wanted to make multiple tools with one power system, ya might check it out.