Carboniferous Plants From France 2

docdutronc

Those are, without a doubt, some of the finest Carboniferous plant fossils I have ever seen :wub:

Oh, the details...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas

Those beat or at least rival the many Carboniferous fossils I've come across here, you have an amazing locality for preservation.

bonjour de france

all these plants come from "terril" spoil heap of LIEVIN in north of france ,very likely Bolsovian ( = Westphalian C),they are burned and vitrified on the tip,original shales are black or grey and become red .....

post-967-1225437992_thumb.jpg

post-967-1225438104_thumb.jpg

bonjour de france

all these plants come from "terril" spoil heap of LIEVIN in north of france ,very likely Bolsovian ( = Westphalian C),they are burned and vitrified on the tip,original shales are black or grey and become red .....

Bonjour de Floride . . .

Very interesting fossils you have, but I don't understand your description of the source.

What does it mean when you say, "from 'terril' spoil heap of LIEVIN"?? Is Lievin a ville near LENS?

What is "terril"?? A tirrill (also terrill) burner (an engineering term) is a modification of the bunsen burner which allows greater flexibility in the adjustment of the air-gas mixture.

Are you telling us that there is a commercial process that burns and vitrifies slabs of coal-shale? Or, are you doing the burning and vitrifying these slabs in your own kiln?

Fascinating fossils!

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

Bonjour de Floride . . .

Very interesting fossils you have, but I don't understand your description of the source.

What does it mean when you say, "from 'terril' spoil heap of LIEVIN"?? Is Lievin a ville near LENS?

What is "terril"?? A tirrill (also terrill) burner (an engineering term) is a modification of the bunsen burner which allows greater flexibility in the adjustment of the air-gas mixture.

Are you telling us that there is a commercial process that burns and vitrifies slabs of coal-shale? Or, are you doing the burning and vitrifying these slabs in your own kiln?

Fascinating fossils!

Hi Harry

A "terril" it is a french world ,the locality LIEVIN near LENS in france departement of Pas de Calais ,that is a natural process ,coals -shale are naturaly burned ,pressure ,pyrite sulphide and H2O give inside the tip this red colour,that the time and the nature who made this colour !!!!!

bruno

post-967-1225508604_thumb.jpg

post-967-1225508645_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

Though, it has been years since I hunted Penn stuf, I hope to visit those areas again.

You might find interest in this:

M_P_transition_I_64.pdf

It is relevent to my area, but it contains data for "this" side of the Hercynian Orogeny.

Though, it has been years since I hunted Penn stuf, I hope to visit those areas again.

You might find interest in this:

M_P_transition_I_64.pdf

It is relevent to my area, but it contains data for "this" side of the Hercynian Orogeny.

Thank s I dont 't have this publication

bruno

post-967-1225511086_thumb.jpg