Fossil Sponges From Russia

Evgeny Kotelevsky

Very nice.

Evgeny, do you have any photos of the sponges in situ or of the exposure? I can't remember if I've asked already.

Edited by Missourian

Context is critical.

No photos in situ! I'll try to make them next time )))))

Thanks, I'd like to see them too.

What preparation do they take to make them so beautiful?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

On this photo you can see "Sponge Horizon" - a layer, where sponges can be found

That looks radically different than the "sponge horizons" I collect at. :)

Context is critical.

Your horizon is Pennsylvanian, and my is Santonian )))) too much time between them ))))

By the way, show us your horizon!

I don't have any photos yet, but Google Street View has this:

post-6808-0-99827100-1393043128_thumb.jpg

An abundance of Heliospongia, Maeandrostia, and Fissispongia can be found on top of the shale bench. Amblysiphonella is found a bit lower in the shale. Coelocladia is rare.

I did draw the stratigraphic section a few years back:

post-6808-0-94801000-1363807967_thumb.png

Edited by Missourian

Context is critical.

I don't have any photos yet, but Google Street View has this:

attachicon.gifSponge-horizon-Wyandotte-Fm.jpg

An abundance of Heliospongia, Maeandrostia, and Fissispongia can be found on top of the shale bench. Amblysiphonella is found a bit lower in the shale. Coelocladia is rare.

I did draw the stratigraphic section a few years back:

attachicon.gifPahoeid beds.png

Thanks for sharing )))

I checked it out, but it said I had been banned. :)

That's weird? I myself have never seen that message ... The only time it may go goofy if it detects a infected pc.... just speculating,.... if this is happening to others.. please let me know an I will pass the message to admins. Thanks. Try runing antimalware on your computer ie www.superantispyware.com it is free and cleans your system.

PL

That's weird? I myself have never seen that message ... The only time it may go goofy if it detects a infected pc.... just speculating,.... if this is happening to others.. please let me know an I will pass the message to admins. Thanks. Try runing antimalware on your computer ie www.superantispyware.com it is free and cleans your system.

PL

I don't think that is the case. I had my mom check the site with her Mac, and she got the same message. And there is a 0.0% chance she has malware on her laptop. And I just now got the same message with my work PC and my iPhone.

I think it may just be some silly message that pops up for some reason when there is some kind of site error on their end. Recently, I've had problems with Yahoo groups, with it telling me that I "need to join" or that the group name is "invalid". Edited by Missourian

Context is critical.

I don't think that is the case. I had my mom check the site with her Mac, and she got the same message. And there is a 0.0% chance she has malware on her laptop. And I just now got the same message with my work PC and my iPhone.

I think it may just be some silly message that pops up for some reason when there is some kind of site error on their end. Recently, I've had problems with Yahoo groups, with it telling me that I "need to join" or that the group name is "invalid".

Thanks ... I will pass the message to Admin Dr. Joe Botting...

Missourian: Can you send me a screen shot on the ban message that you are receiving? Thanks... this will assist in the diagnostic. It is possible the site got hacked. PL

Edited by pleecan