Humerus I.d. Request

tracer

WOW.

How did I miss this one?!

BTW, if it is human (hotly debated), you have not offended many and there is no reason for anyone to be offended. You did no harm and were not disrepectful in any way. I have not seen that any one is offended per se, I am just saying. And I can say b/c my g-grandmother was a member of a Native American tribe and so you have not offended me.

Very interesting indeed.

Let us know what the final outcome is.

Hey, same here as well!

I also missed this one. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it does seem like Tracer is a bit hurt in this thread. Sometimes it is thrilling to ID something and guesses are thrown out there. This one lead to a great discussion on discovering human remains. I don't think they were trying to accuse you of anything Tracer but I can see how it could have made you feel like that. I also see how the bone could be hard to identify and how one could come to such a conclusion on first glance. We are all human, sometimes that means we make mistakes. I believe those who posted were trying to state that there is a legal side and a personal side of burial, I don't think they were trying to say you disturbed anything. But I know it would freak me out if I was holding the bone in my hand and someone online said it could be human. But it's not. :D

Anyway, great find! It's good you went and got it checked out. If I ever go to Texas we can join up and have a big ole bear BBQ and fossil hunt party. :D

I also wanted to state that sometimes I joke around, so if I've ever hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. You're of great value to this forum and I'm sure many others would agree with me.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Hey, same here as well!

I also missed this one. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it does seem like Tracer is a bit hurt in this thread. Sometimes it is thrilling to ID something and guesses are thrown out there. This one lead to a great discussion on discovering human remains. I don't think they were trying to accuse you of anything Tracer but I can see how it could have made you feel like that. I also see how the bone could be hard to identify and how one could come to such a conclusion on first glance. We are all human, sometimes that means we make mistakes. I believe those who posted were trying to state that there is a legal side and a personal side of burial, I don't think they were trying to say you disturbed anything. But I know it would freak me out if I was holding the bone in my hand and someone online said it could be human. But it's not. :D

Anyway, great find! It's good you went and got it checked out. If I ever go to Texas we can join up and have a big ole bear BBQ and fossil hunt party. :D

I also wanted to state that sometimes I joke around, so if I've ever hurt your feelings, I'm sorry. You're of great value to this forum and I'm sure many others would agree with me.

Hay, I for one think that it is tracer and auspex that liven things up. I know when I log on I always look to see if they have posted because I know it is going to make me laugh, you just never know what is going to come out of their mouths. A place like this needs the multitude of personalities to make things work, but it is all for fun and our mutual enjoyment of the fossil world. Hay and with Tracer we got a carbon copy, 2 for the price of 1 because from what I can tell they are just alike. I bet their house is very lively around there just like here. This place is the best and one day I hope to meet you all.

So I'm not the only one to see if tracer has posted recently? Yah, tracer is fun and always gives me a good laugh too. Although I am sure my weird idiosyncricies and quirks make him laugh too.

never tasted bear. Moose is good though.

BTW, we need another Texas trip. I missed the last one and really want to make it to the next one. Feb/March just seems way long...as with gas prices low like they are now, we should go sooner than later. Just a thought...beg.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

and so the ad hominem's effects prevailed until the end. and all still peer through the pane of the johari window which is most obvious to them. so what would tracer say, if he were better with words?

to Robert Frost - Il miglior fabbro - with apologies to Prufrock -

Neither Out Far Nor In Deep

The people along the sand

All turn and look one way.

They turn their back on the land.

They look at the sea all day.

As long as it takes to pass

A ship keeps raising its hull;

The wetter ground like glass

Reflects a standing gull

The land may vary more;

But wherever the truth may be--

The water comes ashore,

And the people look at the sea.

They cannot look out far.

They cannot look in deep.

Btu when was that ever a bar

To any watch they keep?

Robert Frost

Y'all ever tried raccoon, armadillo, or bobcat? My wife has. Maybe that's why we are getting divorced, muhaha!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

yeah, well, didja every eat smoked SQUID and spit out the suction cups at the wall and see how many you can stick on there?? huh?? DIDJA??

sorry - got caught up in the spirit of competition...

No, but I've shot squirrel off of powerlines and then fried them up. Actually pretty dang good!

Once, I ate an African catapillar. It was cooked. I took one bite and swallowed. Took another bite and then heaved in the kitchen sink.

Can't beat the caterpillar.

so were you in africa or did the caterpillar crawl here? and what do fried powerlines taste like?

yeah, well, didja every eat smoked SQUID and spit out the suction cups at the wall and see how many you can stick on there?? huh?? DIDJA??

sorry - got caught up in the spirit of competition...

No Tracer I guess you win, I can honestly say I have never done that. But don't let me catch a big snapping turtle in the road because he is in the pot. YUM turtle gumbo you got to love it. But squid I just don't think so unless I was really really hungry!!!!!!!!!

No Tracer I guess you win, I can honestly say I have never done that. But don't let me catch a big snapping turtle in the road because he is in the pot. YUM turtle gumbo you got to love it. But squid I just don't think so unless I was really really hungry!!!!!!!!!

Problem with squid and octopus is that the more you chew it, the bigger it gets...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Think The Turtle Man: http://www.screweduptexan.com/2008/10/last...in-america.html (that's a link to my blog of the Turtle Man that someone else posted here)

Tracer, I'd better take this competition offline, lest I lose the modicum of respect I've worked so hard for here...check your mailbox, muhaha!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

how come squid becomes ok if you call it calamari? dan, a guy yesterday was telling me something he'd done and it was more bizarre than what you PM'd. but not by much. a couple other of ya'll - TMI, TMI, TMI.

half the people on here need to watch "My Three Sons" rerun until you lapse into normalcy. sheesh.

love,

tracer

Well, this has definitely been a "humor-ous" discussion, at least.