Euproops Danae Limulus

docdutronc

Euproops danae is another family ,I founded this specimen in 2000 , limulus are not common in french carboniferous .....

post-967-1225739162_thumb.jpg

Beautiful!

I have seen pictures of fossils of this creature, but never with such fine preservation.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Hey

A very nice specie.

I found some year's ago in Holland in a mine dump with Carboniferous prints this beautiful Euproops sp. with a nice positive and negative print

They are indeed very rare.

Cor

post-150-1225740649_thumb.jpg

Hey

A very nice specie.

I found some year's ago in Holland in a mine dump with Carboniferous prints this beautiful Euproops sp. with a nice positive and negative print

They are indeed very rare.

Cor

Very rare and very nice , you find it in Piesberg area ???

bruno

Very nice and curious pieces,

I see that the Carboniferous in which you move produce a superb quality. I have seen that you've got a wide variety of tree ferns. What is certain is that once the coal basins of northern Spain also produced good ferns (logs, cones, seeds, branches of first order). But I never had see with reddish tones presenting as yours.

Regards

Very rare and very nice , you find it in Piesberg area ???

bruno

Hey Bruno

No,I found it in a mine dump in Eygelshoven in the Netherlands.

Hey Bruno

No,I found it in a mine dump in Eygelshoven in the Netherlands.

I don't know,you find flora ????

bruno

Very nice and curious pieces,

I see that the Carboniferous in which you move produce a superb quality. I have seen that you've got a wide variety of tree ferns. What is certain is that once the coal basins of northern Spain also produced good ferns (logs, cones, seeds, branches of first order). But I never had see with reddish tones presenting as yours.

Regards

Hi Megaselachus13 ,where do you live, I have some samples from ASTURIA and LEON ,Magdalena in Spain

bruno

Hi Megaselachus13 ,where do you live, I have some samples from ASTURIA and LEON ,Magdalena in Spain

bruno

Hi Bruno,

Today I live in southern Spain, but I've lived almost all my life in the north (Basque Country).

For over ten years I was lucky enough to visit a few days to a friend who lives in Leon.

We were visiting several coal basins, including La Magdalena.

I remember fondly those places filled with ferns and stems of Calamites and other species.

We collected many good examples, several of which I could classify through a copy of Wagner's that he gave to me. It seems he know him years ago and was classifying his collection of palaeobotany.

I remember my friend was very lucky, because he had the opportunity to find the tip of a telson of a eurypterid by the fracture (when he found it and told it to me I thought that he was kidding). He then prepped the piece and turned out to be a complete eurypterid from head to telson without apendages. I recall that years later he told me that specimen was studied by a Japanese scientist.

In Asturias, I haven't had the chance yet to visit coal deposits.

Regards.

Rubén

Archived