Weather

R_Case

Just looked at the 10 day weather forecast. Looks like North Texas is going to get some much needed rain! Maybe wash out some new stuff!

Randy

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

As dry as it is it would take a very hard rain lasting all one day, or a good steady rain lasting about 3 days to get the river running. I don't think we will get that. Will let you know if we get enough to wash any thing out.

We didn't get enough rain in fannin county to settle the dust, let alone wash anything out at NSR. We are suppose to get some rain the first of the week, maybe it will be a good one.

We are supposed to get quiet a bit of rain next week, if we do anyone up for a trip on Sat the 15th?????????

I wanna go too!

It is supposed to rain all day Saturday (at least in DFW), whats the weather for that area? What about Sun? My husband has to work a marathon Sat morning until 1ish, so I can do afternoon or anytime Sun...even really early Sunday.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

never mind bout the rain...they changed it again.

Dang...I cant believe it, but it is raining cats and dogs here in north DFW...supposedly we have already gotten over 2 inches of rain in just 2 hours!

It started raining off and on in Fannin County since this morning but since about 6:30 it has been raining pretty hard. I am going to see what the ditches look look like in the morning, if they are running then the NSR will be too.

It raining pretty hard here in Plano. The creek by my apartment is all ready high. I hope that the NSR has enough rain to move some goodies out of the banks. We'll have to set a hunt. Anyone interested?

Waiting on Mommabetts report!

Randy

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

If it keeps up the rain it will be pretty good, but it is going to be a bit airish and windy on Sat. Sun. is only going to be about 60 up here but the wind won't be blowing that hard. I will post again tomorrow when I have a chance to look to see if the river is running or not.

I can do Sunday. I can be there as early as y'all want. Just let me know. It'll be fun meeting y'all. I'll bring my camara. What are the best tools to bring and any suggestions as I have never been there.

I usually bring ....

water

camera

small hand shovel

"reach back"" aka Toilet Paper

Lunch

large plastic pill bottles

small metal pic

hammer

small chisel

heavy duty paper towels to wrap smaller items in

small sifter 12 x10 "

cellphone

small first aid kit

all fits in my backpack!

Oh, a large brimmed hat if it's sunny!

Saturday is better for me ,but might be flexible!

It is going to be really windy and cold Sat., Sunday might be better, it is going to be about 60 with less wind. A hard freeze Sat. night here so it might be better to meet about 9 am to give it time to warm up alittle. It is up to ya'll let me know.

Yep, the weather looks to be pretty cold. I'd say wear waterproof boots or the like. We can always make a little fire in the middle of the NSR to stay warm! LOL

Sunday works best for me b/c my husband wants to make it to this one and he has to work for 8 hours Saturday for the Dorothy's Dash marathon in Flower Mound.

Great tip on the T.P.

I'll bring my portable chimnea. :rofl:

Nice pic momma.

ITS THE FIRST FREEZE BIG INE ANYWAY, bambi is on the menu, i might be there in time for sunday though. hey momma nice pic glade to meet you or see ya any way lol. we had a ton of rain here, all creeks are bank full nsr has not peaked yet, at just above a quarter full and rising, ssr full to the brim, poc maxed out overflowing. fossil fantasy time. :thumbsup: BRING SCUBA GEAR AND EXTRA TANKS.

also i have gravel for sale check the trade room or my posts. god hunting.