Delivery Time From Us To Germany Via Usps First Class International

DeloiVarden

Hey Guys, Just want to see if anyone has shipped usps first class international to Germany and you don't mind sharing how long it took. I have a customer who is getting concerned... Left country from Miami on Feb 7th... Thanks, Jason

I had packages just within the US show up a month after I had sent them when I had an ebay business. Rare, but it would happen. International just offers more possibilities for things to get misdirected somehow. Hopefully it will make it soon, I would still say it is well within the range of opportunity for it to arrive rather than become a lost parcel! :)

I had packages just within the US show up a month after I had sent them when I had an ebay business. Rare, but it would happen. International just offers more possibilities for things to get misdirected somehow. Hopefully it will make it soon, I would still say it is well within the range of opportunity for it to arrive rather than become a lost parcel! :)

Thanks for the information. I was thinking the same. After all, I have had many packages take weeks between two US destinations and a few never arrive ;). I'll let her know, but I have a feeling she will ask for a refund rather than wait. Business loss/deduction I guess...

It might have been flagged by customs for duty inspection. Were you tracking it?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I ship to Germany pretty often. Mine usually take 2-3 weeks... Have them call customs and see if its stuck there. I had a package go missing for over two months and then just show up at the person's home one day.

The post office will not insure First Class Mail International, but third party insurance companies will and I have heard nothing but good things about them paying out if an expensive package is lost or damaged. I've heard good things from U-PIC, but there are others too.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Thanks for the information. I was thinking the same. After all, I have had many packages take weeks between two US destinations and a few never arrive ;). I'll let her know, but I have a feeling she will ask for a refund rather than wait. Business loss/deduction I guess...

Always stressful when someone is breathing down your neck! I had plenty of times when I refunded money - only to have it show up a week later. Good luck!

It might have been flagged by customs for duty inspection. Were you tracking it?

USPS tracking only good in US, once gone, no one uses the bar code according to usps...

I ship to Germany pretty often. Mine usually take 2-3 weeks... Have them call customs and see if its stuck there. I had a package go missing for over two months and then just show up at the person's home one day.

The post office will not insure First Class Mail International, but third party insurance companies will and I have heard nothing but good things about them paying out if an expensive package is lost or damaged. I've heard good things from U-PIC, but there are others too.

The items were not too expensive in the big scheme of things. I may have to start insuring though if this becomes a habit. I just started shipping internationally and am not likeing the experience so far.

I just looked at your ebay listings...nice stuff! Do you dive in the Charleston area?

Thanks for the compliment. I am diving all over the area.

Edited by DeloiVarden

• 2 years later...

One month and more is not uncommon. First Class Mail International is fast, but problem is customs and not snail-mail. USPS tracking works, but is delayed. Once the mail has crossed the boarder towards Germany, better use the local partner's tracking function (DHL?). The mail system is very reliable - never had any problems - relax.

Good news is, the fossils can't rot anymore.

Thomas

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

From US to France , fastest was barely over a week ( from a TFF auction :)) . Two weeks is standard , one month is getting me worried ...

Worst case is then local post office fumbles ( typically over the last digit in the precinct).

It took longer for the parcel to crawl a few kilometers within the city than to make it across the ocean .

Funniest part is that as I officially launched an enquiry, I received on the same day the parcel , and a nice official letter from french post stating that despite their best efforts , they were unable to track it , and so had to regretfully declare it lost , and that I could blah blah blah .Of course it was funny because of the happy ending!

Edited by taj