DeloiVarden

Here are a few of the fossils I found in February. The meg measures about 5 3/4" and weighs a little over a pound while the ray plate almost 4" across the widest point. I was working my way up the river in a crazy rocky place and all of a sudden in the open was this tooth. The serration are pretty good considering the beat up display side of the tooth. I suspect that though the meg may not have rolled or moved much, a bunch of rocks have moved over it before I got there. And then there are some colorful makos. The bottom right mako is almost shaped like a planus, though I would guess it is a retroflexus. I had a few other finds, but these are a few of the more interesting ones. Water temperatures have been cool, but it is amazing how laying eyes on a tooth can warm you up a bit. I get to put the boat back in the shop tomorrow for what might be some expensive repairs, so not sure when I will be getting back in. Jason

post-4422-0-22258600-1362341285_thumb.jpg

post-4422-0-48866200-1362341297_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I like the center Mako. Love the color. The bottom right resembles a Thresher. Nice finds. ;)

Nice stuff Jason. Drooling over the meg. One day...

Your meg will come. Just make sure to show us pictures ;)

I'd be happy with that - love the colors! :) I'm going out this morning on the kayak...wish me luck! :)

Great finds Jason. Thanks for sharing!! :fistbump:

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

~Sir Winston Churchill