Here Be Dragons...

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

This is one of the better articles on this subject which I have read. Correlations between humans articulating or misinterpretation fossils as the bones of mythical beasts have been an interest of mine for some time.

The cyclops coming from the fossils of Proboscidea animals seems to have the strongest evidence, in my opinion.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

Find the article here HERE!

That was a very interesting article, did have to order some books to read more though. Thanks for posting.

There are a couple books out there that explore the cultural myths and legends, based on misunderstood fossils, from around the world. One of them goes into Native American interpretations. I've been meaning to read them...

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

well, i mean there WERE dragons, if you think about it. they may not have breathed fire, but just the creatures that i know lived are at least as intimidating to think about as the dragons on television. one of my favorite things to do of late is to imagine how it was in the past. i would give a lot of what i have to be able to go back and see some of it. the thought of "jurassic park" where nothing went wrong is just so unbelievably interesting...