Northern France Fossils For Trade Part 2

nala

4 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

That would be a first!!! 

As far as I know, the only European mosasaurs so far are from Maastricht (far south-east Netherlands). Unfortunately, one of the main quarries, the ENCI, is gonna close soon!!! :(

I don't think that is correct Max. Clidastes has been found in Sweden, Other mosasaurs are found in Belgium and the Netherlands. And as far I know also in Russia and Turkey (I don't know for sure if they ment the Asian or European part of these countries).

5 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:
10 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

That would be a first!!! 

As far as I know, the only European mosasaurs so far are from Maastricht (far south-east Netherlands). Unfortunately, one of the main quarries, the ENCI, is gonna close soon!!! :(

I don't think that is correct Max. Clidastes has been found in Sweden, Other mosasaurs are found in Belgium and the Netherlands. And as far I know also in Russia and Turkey (I don't know for sure if they ment the Asian or European part of these countries).

Yeah, that's far from true. Maastricht is only where the mosasaurus holotype was found. Mosasaurs are pretty much found everywhere and will always show up in every marine late cretaceous rock (Well the onces that can support a mosasaur, so extremely shallow waters dont count) . You can find some in France, Sweden, Belgium, Israel, Germany, Russia, just about almost every European country with Late Cretaceous marine rock. (probably exaggerating, but mosasaurs are found everywhere in europe and pretty much the rest of the world)

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

@gigantoraptor @Macrophyseter

Seems like you guys know a lot more about mosasaurs than me! My knowledge of that group is very limited, which is why I said "a far as I know"... Never heard of mosasaurs being found in those countries, so thanks for letting me know :)

And thanks a lot to @caterpillar for the pictures of those great finds!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Hi,

Caterpillar, "16" ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

On 22/9/2017 at 2:28 PM, caterpillar said:

Mosasaur from southwest France

Mosasaur.jpg

I went hunting something like these years ago with a guy from Carcassonne, I found also two nice shark teeth ( Squalicorax?). Maybe it's the same site of yours, could be?

6 hours ago, caterpillar said:

Yes, it's the same country. You can also find this. Cretoxyrhina mantelli, 50mm

IMGP4508.JPG

:[_________________________________]  They have cretoxyrhina teeth there too? Scrap french mosasaur teeth, french cretoxyrhinas are way op.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

• 3 months later...

I can attest that Gery's items will look much better in person than pictures can do justice. You won't be disappointed.

15 hours ago, caldigger said:

I can attest that Gery's items will look much better in person than pictures can do justice. You won't be disappointed.

I confirm it, too :) I got from Gery a beautiful (and huge) slab with plant fossils and it's really nice :) His plants are worth the trade :dinothumb:

I, too, can vouch for Gery - his fossils are gorgeous, and he's incredibly quick with shipping - you will not be disappointed!

The Lepidodendron stems and Neuropteris plates are exchanged now but i will add this fish 

COBITOPSIS ACUTUS STAMPIEN - SAINT SATURNIN - AUVERGNE

IMG_2291.JPG

and these fossils from Normandy

Pleurotomaria armata on the matrix from the Bajocian of Evrecy Normandy

Chlamys valonensis Pliensbachien Normandy

Strigoceras septicarinatum (BUCKMAN 1924) (M) Bajocian (-170 à -164) supérieur Calvados -Normandy France

Acanthopleuroceras alisiense (REYNÈS in HAUG 1885)

pliensbachian (-191 à -184) Normandy

Parkinsonia (P.) aff. acris WETZEL 1911 Bajocien (-170 à -164 ) Calvados - France

IMG_2351.JPG

IMG_9804.JPG

9 minutes ago, nala said:

The Lepidodendron stems and Neuropteris plates are exchanged now but i will add this fish 

COBITOPSIS ACUTUS STAMPIEN - SAINT SATURNIN - AUVERGNE

IMG_2291.JPG

Really nice piece :) I like the spine, so detailed and complete.

Archived