<p> </p>

<p>I'd be interested.  What day(s) will it be?  Where would folks meet? </p>

<p> </p>

<p>-greel</p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

<p>Oh I see it is for SCUBA which I'm not qualified to do.</p>

Edited by greel

Wish I could! I'll be in the DC area this weekend and Charleston on Monday through Friday. So close and yet so far.

Are there any shallow areas where its possible to screen or search by just snorkeling?

-greel

Wish I could join you! We have family in town this weekend. Post how it goes, would love to see what you come up with!

I have two areas in mind. One is close to Summerville but outside the city limits. It has creeks where I have been told sharks teeth have been found. There is parking and restroom facalities. It is about a 2 mile hike. One mile in and one mile out.

The second area is about 10 miles west of Summerville. There is parking and facilities here also. This is virgin territory. It is a very long creek that has a strong potential to contain Indian spear points and sharks teeth.

I plan to shallow creek wade, scoop, and screen.

It will be a mid afternoon dig. Saturday or Sunday.

It just dawned on me they are calling for rain. If the rain is light weigh, then I will go between showers.

Edited by Lee Taylor

Wish I could join you! We have family in town this weekend. Post how it goes, would love to see what you come up with!

Here is what came out of the Edisto river this past Saturday

Sharks Teeth <<< Click here

They were not mine, but the guys were okay with me taking photos. I always take my camera.

Here is what came out of the Edisto river this past Saturday

Sharks Teeth <<< Click here

They were not mine, but the guys were okay with me taking photos. I always take my camera.

Nice!!!! Have fun!

On second thought, I am thinking of wearing a thin wet suit and rubber boots so I can "get in" the creeks. It is a public park with a scenic trail. BRING BUG SPRAY. I have not walked this trail so I do not know what to expect. I have been told, by a good source, that the creeks contain sharks teeth. The park borders the Ashley River and low tide is at 4pm. Arrival at the

park about 1pm should work well from a tidal perspective

The weather prediction for tomorrow afternoon is worsening. Its likely the shark tooth hunt will have to re-scheduled. If its not raining torrents I will go take some photos of the trails and dig sites in the creek beds. Will post the photos. Next Saturdays weather (the 30th) is looking fabulous for a hunt.

Well I must say I am dissappointed that the weather this weekend is going to be a little too cold and a little too rainy for a shark tooth hunt. I was looking forward to it, but it will have to wait.

I am really wanting to hunt after a long winter. I guess it will just make it all the better when an good day comes along. Its not that I need more teeth, I suppose its just the fun of being outside and enjoying nature and personalities that I do not work with.

I was online today looking at a location called Colleton State Park. It is located on the Edisto river. I am sure there are fossils in the river there. There is a business there where you can rent canoes. There is also a public boat ramp where you can launch your boat. There is a campground so if you dont get enough one day, you can throw up a tent and spend the night.

I always enjoy hearing from fossilers so please post a line or two. I get email regularly from out of towners wanting info on dig sites. I recently pointed to a dig site for an inquirer and he sent over a photo of all his finds. Most inquirers I never hear from again.

If you have photos, please post them. Would enjoy seeing them

Here is a video I took of a rare find. It was found by a friend. Its and excellent specimen of a Megalodon tooth. You won't see many of these, this size and this quality.

Enjoy!

Here is another specimen found by yet another fossil head pal. I found

this tooth very interesting because of the green color. It may not

be apparent in the video but the tooth is a beautiful green

Edited by Lee Taylor
  • I found this Informative 1

I am still waiting on a weather accomodating day to hunt my Ashley and Edisto feeder creeks. Message me if interested.

Found a ditch that is said to produce tiny teeth. It is not too far from the Chandler Bridge creek. I don't know anything about it other than what I see in Google street view from the bridges

College Park Sharks Teeth <<< Click here

• 2 years later...

hey gang- new to the site- looking to make friends to show me around charleston fossil hot spots- especially for safety. don't like going into alligator or snake habitats by myself. love looking for sharks teeth. I'm in chas may 17-june 6 and have a kayak that can travel. anyone wanna go out? many thanks!