"fossil" And "civil War" In The Same Headline

Auspex

Popular press, so what's really newsworthy is that the story was published.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/...n_monument.html

Who among us can just walk by a piece of architectural marble? I know that there is a local geology course wherein the class field trip is to buildings in DC to look for fossils and such in the stones.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest N.AL.hunter

I am not sure why they think this is important enough for an article. Send out the Scooby Patrol, cause we have a mystery.

Guest Nicholas

I'm with Delos, I watched something about this on tv and seen it online a few times. I did bother posting it on the forum. Although I am a fan of fossil marble, and building stones. :P

Popular press, so what's really newsworthy is that the story was published.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/...n_monument.html

Who among us can just walk by a piece of architectural marble? I know that there is a local geology course wherein the class field trip is to buildings in DC to look for fossils and such in the stones.

Asked, MB (member of the "the fossil forum") said: "Yes, this is a very interesting new..."

I am not sure why they think this is important enough for an article. Send out the Scooby Patrol, cause we have a mystery.

Slow news day...

Any popularization of fossils is OK with me, though.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Are they implying that crinoid ossicles are rare, or is it that limestone was used as a headstone?

I would hope the latter (which is true enough), but fear it is the former, as it is somewhat more sensational.