ted coulianos

Apparently what I thought was a bat jaw from a Pleistocene cave deposit turned out (as jpc pointed out) to be the mandible of a fossil shrew. This prompted me to revisit another specimen that I think might be closer my original i.d.post-11324-0-50748600-1364690287_thumb.jpg I think it matches closely to other specimens found at the same locality http://www.indiana9fossils.com/vertebrates/Bats.htm This particular specimen is missing a few teeth unfortunately, unlike the shrew jaw which was more complete; had to perform a little micropaleo repair on it, too, since it was in 3 pieces. I know I've got another vial of bones & teeth somewhere, but since I've moved I haven't got a clue which box they're in. Again, my thanks to forum member jpc for help with the original i.d. Hope you think this is interesting.

More than a little interesting! Thanks!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!