Adventures Through Space And Time

mikecable

My students are currently traveling 1500 miles, from Texas to Aurora, NC. And they are traveling back 20 million years in time. I'm hearing excited cries of "I found a shark tooth," and "I've got a coprolite."

Ordinarily I would be doing this at our lab tables, but I'm still hobbling around on a cane, so they are working in the front of the lab. But I can tell you that days like this are what make teaching wonderful.

post-7463-0-71490400-1365084414_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-11854700-1365084417_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-89921000-1365084419_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-09206300-1365084422_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-84127400-1365084423_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-46930500-1365084425_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-60557800-1365084431_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-08674700-1365084429_thumb.jpgpost-7463-0-58215400-1365084427_thumb.jpg

What a unique and wonderful experience! :)

(For them, not the cane part)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Every student in my first of three groups found multiple shark teeth. Happy kids make for a happy teacher.

Boy, they're fully into it! :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Following is a complete accounting of all the the Geo-Paleo exposure I had in elementary and middle school:

I want a Mulligan.

I've been teaching 6th grade science for 5 years now, and I love it. I taught technology for eight years and special ed prior to that for two years.

Science is by far my favorite.

It is an absolute delight to see kids obviously entranced by some of the wonders of our world.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

It is an absolute delight to see kids obviously entranced by some of the wonders of our world.

I'm a sixth grade teacher. Entranced kids are the best kids. I work hard on my magic.

my experience is that most kids welcome the fossil experience in school at that age, esp when they get to keep something cool. its time for me to talk to my kid's classroom again...

Edited by danwoehr

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."