Carboniferous Plants From France 31

docdutronc

These lepidodendron branches from belledonne sud france are more thin than lepidodendron from Lievin north france ,the forms from north are bulky , perhaps Stephanian period are the beginning of regression of lepidophyta flora ? I would see lepidodendroïd species from USA !!!!!!

post-967-1226353322_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226353352_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226353383_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226353410_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226353451_thumb.jpg

...perhaps Stephanian period are the beginning of regression of lepidophyta flora?

Interesting hypothesis, though one cannot be sure that it was not due to some local bottleneck in that dark laboratory we call "soil".

Come to think of it, has there been any work done on Carboniferous soils? If so, I assume it would have to be largely theoretical, through inference.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest Nicholas
Come to think of it, has there been any work done on Carboniferous soils? If so, I assume it would have to be largely theoretical, through inference.

I believe there has been work done... I may be mistaken and nothing was determined because of contamination. I may be thinking of something else.

I believe there has been work done... I may be mistaken and nothing was determined because of contamination. I may be thinking of something else.

Glad to have that cleared up! :wacko:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived