Pretty Day For Some Trace Fossil Therapy!

Rockin' Ric

post-5318-0-29375900-1365381602_thumb.jpg

Howdy Ya'll! It was such a pretty day to get out for some Fossil Therapy. I checked out a new site today even though I drive by it a pretty good bit. From what I can tell from the road, I saw concretions scattered about the hillside. I stopped today to take a look and brought 5 home with me to do the freeze/thaw method to see what they contain? I also noticed a layer with the concretions sticking out...I wished I had my camera! Next time I'm there I will get a picture.

post-5318-0-01700300-1365381636_thumb.jpg

My next trip took me to the Resting Trace site. It had rained a pretty good bit last week, the rock cut laid down another layer of shale shards, as you can see this is what I found. Hope you can see them in the picture. Not a bad haul for being out for 2 hours in the sunshine.

post-5318-0-70935000-1365381668_thumb.jpg

Not sure what this patter is from, I thought it was interesting and picked it up.

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

The last pic looks like a small fossil fragment of soft shell turtle, but don't know if that is even a possibility for the area that you collect.

Daryl.

Great finds Rockin Ric and hope you find something cool in at least one of those concretions! :)

The last pic looks like a small fossil fragment of soft shell turtle, but don't know if that is even a possibility for the area that you collect.

Daryl.

Not sure Daryl, I haven't found any kind of vertebrates or invertebrates in the area, mostly ichno fossils at this site. I think this might be a feeding trace pattern... then again it might be something like you describe? Thank you for commenting!

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils