Ny Nj Show This Weekend (12-14)! Lots Of Fossil Dealers

Fossilcollector

Hey everyone,

This weekend is the NY-NJ Gemshow. Don't let the name fool ya, there are a bunch of fossil dealers at the show including:

Devonian Depot (myself)

Dinosaurs and More
Ancient Earth Trading
Fossil Clocks
Gold Bug Trilobites
Hagar's Fossils

Hartstein Fossils
International Fossil co

Lost World Fossils

And others.

It'll be at the NJ Convention Center in Edison, NJ, Fri-Sunday.

See the site for more details: http://ny-nj-gemshow.com/

-Yinan

Was there Saturday. The show had an amazing display of mineral specimens for sale, but the fossils were well represented too.

I was there every day. It was definitely a nice place to shop around, though there weren't as many inexpensive items as other shows, possibly due to the price of setting up there. I saw a few members there, so it was nice to meet those I ran across.

I was looking out for other members, even had on my TFF shirt, but it was hard enough even seeing the people I went with. I gave each of the kids (Including myself) a $10 budget and we all came away happy with our finds. Here's a few pics of the show:

The second photo is egg-cellent!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Love the baby dinos!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Man... I am so jealous of u guys in the USA with several good shows around the country per year. The closest decent one I could go to is like 6 hrs flight away in Japan.... with expensive air ticket and hotel accommodation to boot T_T

Hope u guys have a great time attending and fossils hunting/shopping :)

PS: love those eggs!

Nice show but there were no Shark tooth dealers and only two significant dinosaur dealers present. Hopefully more of the Tucson/Denver show dealers will see that this is an important show and attend next year.

Great show. Majority of dealers selling minerals and gems but still plenty of impressive fossils. Prices were reasonable. Wonder why dealers have so few later fossils, like Pliestocene and ice age fossils? Regardless, saw some very impressive museum class fossil displays.

I thought there were quite a few more recent fossils. Particularly Florida stuff, it seems.

It's probably too close to the Venice Shark Tooth Festival (same weekend this year) to lure any shark tooth dealers from South Carolina or Florida. If they're not selling at Venice, they're buying or hanging out.

Troodon said:

Nice show but there were no Shark tooth dealers and only two significant dinosaur dealers present. Hopefully more of the Tucson/Denver show dealers will see that this is an important show and attend next year.

Well, let's not forget the Franklin show this coming weekend. Hope to see some of you there as well!

Archived