Carboniferous Plants From France 38

docdutronc

I envy you being in such a wonderful place, so that you can collect such amazing specimens!

Bonsoir Mommabets

There is not only wonderful place in france ,sometimes I nedd perseverence , rain ,fatigue ,discouragement are my friends...

Do you go to st Clair aera ? I have a dream to visit this place ,I have looked on Google map,it is enormous and vast ......

Arthropod ,abdominal pieces Lievin France

post-967-1226602551_thumb.jpg

No, I have not been there. I use to travel quiet abit before my husband passed 5 years ago, I have not left Texas since. I use to think that one day I would go to France but know I have gave up that dream. To look at your beautiful collection helps to bring me there in my dreams. They are amazing, with such detail, it is hard to believe that they were preserved so well for so long, and to see that you are helping to bring them out for the world to see is a good thing and I thank you for that. Lorraine

Guest Nicholas
No, I have not been there. I use to travel quiet abit before my husband passed 5 years ago, I have not left Texas since. I use to think that one day I would go to France but know I have gave up that dream. To look at your beautiful collection helps to bring me there in my dreams. They are amazing, with such detail, it is hard to believe that they were preserved so well for so long, and to see that you are helping to bring them out for the world to see is a good thing and I thank you for that. Lorraine

Don't abandon your dreams! Trust me if you do you'll one day regret it.

What is the size of this specimen? Have you an idea of what kind of arthropod it might be?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Bonsoir Mommabets

There is not only wonderful place in france ,sometimes I nedd perseverence , rain ,fatigue ,discouragement are my friends...

Do you go to st Clair aera ? I have a dream to visit this place ,I have looked on Google map,it is enormous and vast ......

Wow, your collection is so extensive!

I have been to St. Clair and have brought back many fern fossils from there. If you ever get the chance you should go. As you most likely already know they have beautiful white and orange specimens.

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Bruno, you have some of the most amazing plant fossils that I have ever seen. Please keep sharing. I have a few fern leaves from St. Claire and they pale in comparison (literally because they are white). I got them from a friend that visited there. The only rocks I have from France are a few gallets from the Côte d’Azur.

Momma, if you ever get the chance to go to France, you should. It was amazing and beautiful, the food was good, and the people were great.

What is the size of this specimen? Have you an idea of what kind of arthropod it might be?

Hi Auspex

The size 3 x 4 cm ,perhaps Eurypterid or scorpion ...,I also find this arachnida abdomen in South Belledonne ,Carboniferous Shales ,near Grenoble ,perhaps Anthracomartidae family.....,size

1.5 centimeters ,enigmatic ichnita,perhaps annelids track,size 12 centimeters ....

bruno

post-967-1226647229_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226647254_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226647360_thumb.jpg

post-967-1226647390_thumb.jpg

The size 3 x 4 cm ,perhaps Eurypterid or scorpion...

That is large (larger than I expected, anyway)!

...I also find this arachnida abdomen in South Belledonne ,Carboniferous Shales ,near Grenoble ,perhaps Anthracomartidae family.....,size

1.5 centimeters ,enigmatic ichnita,perhaps annelids track,size 12 centimeters ....

It is wonderful that you have collected not just beautiful fossils, but a fossil forest!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Guest solius symbiosus
Hi Auspex

The size 3 x 4 cm ,perhaps Eurypterid or scorpion ...,I also find this arachnida abdomen in South Belledonne ,Carboniferous Shales ,near Grenoble ,perhaps Anthracomartidae family.....,size

Nice! That one is worthy of a NMR, or x-ray... Perhaps, there is more there.