Alberta Researchers Reveal Details Of 'one Of A Kind' Dinosaur Nest

Guest Nicholas

Guest Nicholas

Alberta researchers have almost cracked the mystery of what kind of dinosaur built the 77-million-year-old fossilized nest found in Montana near the Alberta border in the 1990s.

Find it HERE!

Here's what jumped off the page for me:

"It was acquired by the museum in 2006 from a private collector..."

Good to see that we're not all bad!

Beyond that, there is a statement that doesn't scour:

"This new discovery of the new nest actually shows that modern birds did not acquire their characteristics suddenly. They actually just inherited structures and features that were present in their ancestors, the meat-eating dinosaurs."

Egg-laying is an inherited trait, but the behavior is going to be dictated by the design elements; there are only so many ways to do it.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I would love to find out how they know that the dino sat on it's eggs. Did they find reading material scattered about the nest?

Not all birds sit on their eggs. There is at least one kind of modern bird that incubates eggs in a mound of dirt/humus.