Raninidae Crab Fossil Lincoln Creek Formation?

Olenoides

Another boxed up find from cleaning out the garage this weekend. It's a crab concretion I collected years ago from the Lincoln Creek formation. It's certainly not one of the more common crabs from there, and based on some initial research appears like it could possibly be a Raninidae. Kinda hard to tell because it's broken on the underside and there's a jumble of legs and claws. Any insight would be appreciated.

post-11733-0-80062800-1366838123_thumb.png

post-11733-0-96747900-1366838131_thumb.png

Hey Olenoides

From what I can see of the sternum and the bits of the carapace, I think it could be a Ranina americana perhaps. Obviously, not 100% but. I think Torrey Nyborg is working on that group of raninids.

Seems like the response I've gotten both here and other places is it probably is in fact a Raninidae of some sort. Does anybody know an very experienced crab prepper that would have the bandwidth to take on the prep work. I have some much trilobite material still waiting to be worked on I'll never get around to doing it myself.

Seems like the response I've gotten both here and other places is it probably is in fact a Raninidae of some sort. Does anybody know an very experienced crab prepper that would have the bandwidth to take on the prep work. I have some much trilobite material still waiting to be worked on I'll never get around to doing it myself.

Yep. Micropterus101. Here's his link if you want to contact him. I've seen several folks in TFF that have done some fantastic prep work, but unsure if they offer that service. I know Jason does. Here's the link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fossilcrabs.com%2F&ei=TRN7UdOlLIXliAL084CIBQ&usg=AFQjCNHZXmAIb8XRrCVMycKrWApLnaNfig&sig2=ywi8ZsGjf958hzoO-k22rg&bvm=bv.45645796,d.cGE

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

Archived