Found Some Fossils While Out And About.

Boomer

Are these Pennsylvanian? Where (in general) is the site?

#1: Obviously a "fern" frond; beyond that, I'm out of my element. Very delicate and pretty!

#2: Hard for me to see much detail; can you take a better pic?

#3: Horn Coral

#4: Coral

#5: Top; Maybe a sponge? Bottom; Partial Trilobite(?) or crinoid stem.

#6: Crinoid stem

#7: Crinoid stem.

Sorry I can't provide more info...maybe this will get the ball rolling for those that can :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Boomer,

Number 5 (first fossil ?) , the top fossil is a crinoid calyx or dorsal cup, the top is a crinoid columnal as are numbers 6 and 7.

I can't disagree with your ID on the Streptelasma without knowing the age of the rock where it was found.

JKFoam

The Eocene is my favorite

The ferns are Pensylvanian from a coal mine below Birmingham Al.

All others are from a drainage ditch near Attalla Al. Lots of chert in this area, I'm told it may be Mississippian age formations.

The chert in this area is riddled with different types of fossils from Crinoids, Blastoids, Corals, Sponges, Trilobites, worm borings and other...stuff.

#'s 5,6,7...Are those stems decomposed or skeletonized? The area's I've been lookin around hold lots of similar type stems.

#5, not sure what that is except a roundish rock with the dip on the top with what looks like crystaline formation.