Microfossil Id

jualhadun87

Hello,

As I am sorting through my Oxford clay micro fossil material, there are a bunch of seemingly related items that I have not been able to ID. I have included pictures of two pieces that I think are different parts of the same type of specimen. Most of the pieces I have found are straight or slightly curved sections of roughly square cross section (spec 1) with a circular interior that sometimes bloom out into the odd lumps you see in the other picture (spec 2). I am assuming its something quite common and silly as I have found dozens of them, but I just have not been able to ID them yet. They are in the roughly 1mm size range and come from pre-seived Oxford clay Jurassic period:

post-11267-0-39149000-1367883676_thumb.jpg

post-11267-0-42880200-1367883677_thumb.jpg

post-11267-0-48369900-1367883678_thumb.jpg

post-11267-0-03042900-1367883680_thumb.jpg

Hello,

As I am sorting through my Oxford clay micro fossil material, there are a bunch of seemingly related items that I have not been able to ID. I have included pictures of two pieces that I think are different parts of the same type of specimen. Most of the pieces I have found are straight or slightly curved sections of roughly square cross section (spec 1) with a circular interior that sometimes bloom out into the odd lumps you see in the other picture (spec 2). I am assuming its something quite common and silly as I have found dozens of them, but I just have not been able to ID them yet. They are in the roughly 1mm size range and come from pre-seived Oxford clay Jurassic period:

Hi Jualhadun87

very nice :) these are Jurrasic annelid worms Genicularia Vertibralis I think

• I found this Informative 1

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'

Hi Jualhadun87

very nice :) these are Jurrasic annelid worms Genicularia Vertibralis I think.

I have some in my micro fossil collection from the Jurrasic Oxford clay

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'