I Got These Instead Of A 1.5" T-Rex Tooth....

AJ Plai

I was faced with a difficult choice, it was either a 1.5" T-Rex tooth for about $1,600 or I could go for large sized Carch & Spino Teeth... In the end I fell prey to the Saharan behemoths not just 2, but 4 of them... and have never felt so good! Not only did I get 4 nice large teeth but I actually still had some money left over and several Kem Kem fossils as freebies as well.

It kinda make you see and realize how overpriced a T-Rex tooth can really be now that I look back... Well, until I can safe up and manage to find an affordable one, I will enjoy these in the mean time for a loooong time!

post-10857-0-29746000-1367933276_thumb.jpg

post-10857-0-71134800-1367933296_thumb.jpg

post-10857-0-22796900-1367933307_thumb.jpg

post-10857-0-98790400-1367933314_thumb.jpg

post-10857-0-98115400-1367933323_thumb.jpg

Edited by AJ Plai

Impressive, to say the least!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Nice selection and I'm sure a great addition to your collection. Enjoy them.

Yes Rex teeth are over priced for being fairly available. But that is impact of an open market and what people are willing to pay. I do not see prices coming down.

Well, lets hope the next Jurassic Park trilogy will introduce some new critters that will steal the limelight from the T-Rex and perhaps will make the Rex less desirable for collectors driving the price down... :P

They look fabulous....

Cheers Steve... And Welcome if your a New Member... :)

• 1 month later...

Well, lets hope the next Jurassic Park trilogy will introduce some new critters that will steal the limelight from the T-Rex and perhaps will make the Rex less desirable for collectors driving the price down... :P

lol have been looking for spoilers and can't find much BTW however they have hinted that the scary dinosaurs are going to be spectacular (maybe they will introduce Carcharodontosaurus and drive the price of those babies up and then you will be laughing) :D

lol have been looking for spoilers and can't find much BTW however they have hinted that the scary dinosaurs are going to be spectacular (maybe they will introduce Carcharodontosaurus and drive the price of those babies up and then you will be laughing) :D

LOL, that works too! Especially for Kem Kem carnivore collectors that I suspect, are no few in numbers among dino collectors.

Very nice teeth!

It would be nice if that theory about JP4 bringing T. rex teeth prices down by giving another "baddie" the spotlight would turn out to be true, but I don't think this would happen, sadly. Jurassic Park 3 pretty much did that with Spinosaurus, and it didn't really work. T. rex still carries too much of that "wow" factor and is still the most famous of all dinosaurs, which means no nice and affordable (well, there are nice and there are affordable, but it's either one or the other) rex teeth for us :(

I can't fathom why anyone would choose a small Rex tooth over a stunning collection such as this! There doesn't even seem to be a single repair on any of those beauties!

Thx for the complements, guys.

Being a collector of dino teeth, its hard to resist the lure of a T-Rex tooth for sure, but at its current price range, especially in comparison to what other nice specimens you can get for that budget, the charm of it begins to fade. I am probably going to aim for other tyrannosaurs which are probably much more affordable but not so much different in terms of the awe and beauty factors.

Edited by AJ Plai