Trip To Lewisville Lake

jeremy.greene

So made a trip out to lewisville lake.Don't know much but should have been eagle ford britton for.??? Right? Pics of a few ammonite and nautilus frags and bits to follow clean up....

post-8169-0-68017900-1368459102_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-95140100-1368459133_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-83795700-1368459149_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-83979900-1368459162_thumb.jpg

post-8169-0-96847700-1368459175_thumb.jpg

FYI:

There are multiple felonies to go to the spillway without premission from the Corp of Engineers.

I have permission to the site and have still been greeted by a SWAT team at the site before.

In hte past 10 years there have been 4 bodies recovered from the site.

If you dont get permission, dont go in. They prosecute.

If you do have permission, good luck!

-Brent

Edited by Boneman007

Yes sir, talked to army corp of enginners, i wouldn't do it if i did not get permission or the needed permit for else where for instance dfw airport. But if you don't ask you'll never know. I am well aware of the rules we must follow. Also, it is an easy to find, well know spot. I don't mind sharing. If there is something im posting on here i shouldn't, please let me know.

Nice location shots. I always enjoy them.

Do you have any close-up pics of some of your finds? I'd be interested in seeing them.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

often these well intended, detailed posts blow the lid off someone else's favorite sites. not mine in this case, but too much publicity can be the death knell of a good site... just something to consider going forward, more obvious with experience. i think pm's are a great way to share specifics.

Edited by danwoehr

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

I just happen to know that particular site is on the law enforcement radar because of the multiple murder cases that were investigated there.

Two guys I was fossil hunting with about had heart attacks when we were greeted by SWAT members when we were there.

I just didnt want anyone to get in any trouble. Especially a nice guy like Jeremy

yeah thats probably a great idea, danwoehr... boneman , yeah that would be scary. Thanks. well, i hope i did not break any rules on the forum and yes i will post my finds soon. just bits of ammonite and a few baculites.

what i mentioned is not any sort of formal rule, but more a way to prolong good collecting for your invited friends, family, and perhaps even yourself, as well as those who have been enjoying solitude there up to this point. detailing sites openly tends to invite way more company than you may realize. this is my observation only; do as you wish.

Grüße,

Well, this is the only site I hunt where I notify the local police department before I go in.

It doesnt always help, which leads to the encounters outlined above.

I collected there, with permission, several years ago. I was limited to 2 hours, and had to be accompanied by a very bored Army Corps of Engineers fellow who sat in his truck watching me with binoculars.

Don

Nice finds. I love the suture pattern on the one ammo.

SWard
Southeast Missouri

(formerly Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX)

USA

yes...upper britton

Grüße,

I'll be in the Denton area for the next week or so, and would love to check out this spot. Any advice or tips on whom to talk to for permission to the area, or whereabouts to search once/if I do get permission?

you can find similar fossils around town, without the hassle and threat of jail time ;) Good luck

I collected there, with permission, several years ago. I was limited to 2 hours, and had to be accompanied by a very bored Army Corps of Engineers fellow who sat in his truck watching me with binoculars.

Don

That's hilarious... Many think fossils in general are a boring subject - just imagine one of these people having to watch someone collect fossils for a couple hrs!

That's hilarious... Many think fossils in general are a boring subject - just imagine one of these people having to watch someone collect fossils for a couple hrs!

When you're done, thank them and give them a fossil; they might begin to be interested. :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!