What Kind Of Mussel Species?

Napoleon North

Unfortunately, the thumbnail can't be enlarged, nor is the original listing still on eBay.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

What can be mussel species? It is a freshwater or marine?

The Lightning Ridge fossil deposits were laid down in a shallow inland sea.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Ah nuts, I just returned the library book today and there was a pic of one of those in there. Yes opalised pipi( thats what we call them here)l. The Eromanga basin was the inland sea that occupied nearly half of Australia .

Ah nuts, I just returned the library book today and there was a pic of one of those in there. Yes opalised pipi( thats what we call them here)l. The Eromanga basin was the inland sea that occupied nearly half of Australia .

Very very interesting .Thank you;)

• 2 years later...

Hi There,

this is a fresh water bivalve as Lighting Ridge was terrestrial (indicated by freshwater gastropods and lungfish tooth plates found there). It belongs to Hyridella (protohyridella goondiwindiensis (MESOZOIC FRESHWATER AND ESTUARINE BIVALVES FROM AUSTRALIA, Memoirs of the QLD museum).

Cheers

R

Archived