Sign in to follow this  
coronzon

North Atlanta Fossils?

coronzon

I'm trying to determine if there are any recommendations in or around North Atlanta (Alpharetta).

I am fairly new to the fossil game (was more interested when I was younger growing up in West Tennessee).

Any direction would be helpful.

Fossildude19

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Here's a good website for starting your searches - looks like not much close by to you...unfortunately.

Keep in mind this info is OLD - and many sites may no longer be accessible.

Good luck.

Regards,

Uncle Siphuncle

so far my impromptu, unresearched pokes around road cuts and hillside cuts in kennesaw and marietta have produced zero... i'm beginning to think sherman burned all the fossils too! d*** yanks!

coronzon

so far my impromptu, unresearched pokes around road cuts and hillside cuts in kennesaw and marietta have produced zero... i'm beginning to think sherman burned all the fossils too! d*** yanks!

I wonder if poking around the Chattahoochee would produce anything. Looks like a road trip is in store.

coronzon

Welcome to the Forum. :)

Here's a good website for starting your searches - looks like not much close by to you...unfortunately.

Keep in mind this info is OLD - and many sites may no longer be accessible.

Good luck.

Regards,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the link. A good reference for hitting the road, I think.

Coralhead

Northwest Georgia may be your closest spot.Like 5 counties in the NW corner.When i went caving years ago they were common in the creeks around the area(limestone territory).It is to granitized around Atlanta.

Road trip