SGTG

I have been finding many of these little fossils lately. I found three of them this morning, as a matter of fact. I believe them to be sea urchins, but obviously I'm not sure. I have also found ammonites and bivalve fossils in this area so other marine fossils would make sense to be on the surface in my mind. I placed an iPod into the photo for size reference; it was the only common item at the time of the photo.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

post-11935-0-99515100-1368949623_thumb.jpg

post-11935-0-46961100-1368949670_thumb.jpg

Yes, sea urchins, nice ones too - they look like the ones from Texas we see here on the Forum...

Let's see your ammonites, etc. also!

Thanks for the replies and help! I'm actually finding them north of Amman, Jordan. They practically just litter the ground here. The seven in the picture were all found within the last week and in the immediate vicinity of my residence. Ill see if I can post a picture of the ammonites.

Here's a picture of a rock with two ammonites in it. The one at top left is very clear, and there's a partial one at bottom right. The one at top left was actually bigger than my open hand, and I'm a fairly large fellow.

post-11935-0-18772600-1368955421_thumb.jpg

Nice finds, looks like the area is begging to be hunted again. Thanks for your service and stay safe-----Tom

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"