Sign in to follow this  

Stonelick State Park / Ohio Locations Question

Good afternoon, everyone. I was wondering if anyone has been fossil hunting at Stonelick State Park? I went there a few months ago but couldn't find the spillway and plan to head there again tomorrow morning. I was hoping someone has had some luck at this park or could recommend somewhere in the vicinity. (i'm wiped out with Caesars Creek.....too many trips there)

I mainly hunt for trilobites so i'm looking for places where the chances of find a "bug" is higher.

Thanks to all

Uncle Siphuncle

ahhh stonelick lake...my little brother sent me to the emergency room from there in 1978 with a hook through my nose with a worm dangling off...dad stopped me from throwing his little carcass over the dam...

Coco

Hi,

:osurpris-choc-pale-.gif

Coco

ahhh stonelick lake...my little brother sent me to the emergency room from there in 1978 with a hook through my nose with a worm dangling off...dad stopped me from throwing his little carcass over the dam...

Sounds like something one of my brothers would have done to me as a child.

I was able to find the spillway this time and walked about 1/2 mile down the creek bed. Lots of exposed rock. There was a water moccassin hanging out so my wife wouldn't walk the trail...so i was unable to "hunt". I plan to go back again in a few weeks by myself so that i can really check the place out