We Found A T Rex!

chele

De felicitaties van een Scheveninger :D

Geweldige vondst.

I can not imagine that the professionals will not allow you at YOUR site.

Hope you will be able to continue your report with a lot of pictures :)

Compliments for the way you tell and document your story!

It is like reading a "zeer spannend avonturenboek" , very exiting adventure book.

Yesterday I found a very nice bone of a Nothosaurus (small saurierspecies of the Triassic Period).

It is 11 cm in size, and although it seems to be a very tiny find compared with your T-rex, I too was shouting and dancing for joy :D

Peter

• I found this Informative 1

That's lucky.. guess that's why there are dinos still to be found there. I have dog walkers and dirtbikers and everybody else to worry about at my site! One ammonite went missing right out of our wheelbarrow once... so I always worry when I have to leave something up there for a while before being able to get it out of there.

Will be watching your progress.. good luck!

poaching out of your barrow of finds? That is awful!!! :o:(:angry::angry::angry:

poaching out of your barrow of finds? That is awful!!! :o:(:angry::angry::angry:

Yes it is! I can't prove that's what happened except by our inability to find the thing despite every effort, and it's the only explanation we could come up with (and well within the realm of possibility up there..)

Chele, thanks for another page in your T-rex story. Each new post makes me smile.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

I missed that part about you having to stop work, Chele - can you say whether it was a private buyer or a museum that wants it? I agree that whoever it is I hope they allow you guys to hang around and get photos for us!

As I understand it now, you were allowed to continue digging in order to save the already exposed parts. Was Clayton Phipps there to help you this time? I guess you must be measuring and photographing as you go? What's the next step now, waiting for the professionals? I think they oughta hurry up and get a tent built. I think you should be allowed to participate in the dig. It would be absolutely inhuman if they don't give you permission. Besides, the beast isn't posing a threat to national security, at least until they've completely decoded its DNA... :P

Edited by Ludwigia

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

we need to call discovery channel... then we can get a documentary going... lol... this is soooo exciting

I am amazed but completely not suprised. (If that makes sense) I told you that you would make incredible finds and I am sure that you will continue with your success. I am so happy for you. Just think, I own a painting from a famous person. :)

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

Hey, maybe they'll name it "Blaine" or "Chele". Would seem fitting since you guys found it.

Cool... an articulated pelvis... and a few ribs thrown in as a bonus. And minimal overburden. Did the landowner stop your dig? I look forward to seeing more of this thing.

Under contract...that sounds pretty binding. Can you at least tell us if you are allowed to at attend the dig? I think the NSA would allow that even though they've probably got your telephone tapped at this moment :P

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Oh great, now the N$A is monitoring TFF :P Gag orders seem to be odd for universities and museums, must be a Discovery Channel or Nat Geo documentary. Chele and Blaine will be the new American reality TV stars! Well someday we'll get the whole story, right after the commercial break.

Again, congratulations on your exciting find and the also exciting, albeit, mysterious events now surrounding it. In the end I hope you and Blaine will emerge with a wonderful final outcome.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

The security is to guard against theft. I think everyone is a little paranoid. This ranch is so large and complicated to get around in, I doubt someone could find it! Another thing I can tell you is we will be getting a life size replica skull!! Blaine is going nuts. The next thing he will want is the rest of the skeleton to go with it!

That's awesome. You might as well start deciding how you want the interior of your new display barn to look like. Carpet, tile, wall colors, and a giant mural custom painted by you. :)

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

That's awesome. You might as well start deciding how you want the interior of your new display barn to look like. Carpet, tile, wall colors, and a giant mural custom painted by you. :)

.... and replicas of..... no, actual cycads and tree ferns, and..... :)

Context is critical.

Now that, would be awesome!

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

thats incredible Chele, I cant wait till you can fill us in with all the details :)

Congratulations on the find, how long before the book comes out :D . I really am excited for you and very envious.

Jim

Old Dead Things

OMG INFANNONLY IMAGINE THE EXITMENT. I THINK I WOULD HAVE SAID THE HECK WITH WORK. ! IM DIGGING

Better late than never, GREAT work chel!

You do us all at TFF very proud.

As a theropod man myself I can't wait to see more pics and read more about this story as it unfolds.

I think another VFOTM award is a given. :)