Pleistocene Tooth ?

Napoleon North

This is yet another notch. Whose could it be? Whether it is a fossil? Found on site being prepared for construction.

post-1513-0-78882000-1369576411_thumb.jpg

post-1513-0-40782900-1369576422_thumb.jpg

post-1513-0-60361200-1369576430_thumb.jpg

post-1513-0-07460400-1369576595_thumb.jpg

post-1513-0-93956400-1369576602_thumb.jpg

Edited by Napoleon North

http://www.wtamu.edu/~rmatlack/Mammalogy/carnassial.htm

It is that small upper tooth forward of the carnassial in a predator. The link shows one from a mountain lion, but your is much smaller. small cat (bobcat) or coyote are possibilities

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

So this fossil? Thanks you;)

Not sure, I do not know what small predators existed in Poland in Pleistocene. In looking at the roots specifically, if I found this in the Peace River Florida (Pleistocene), I would identify as fossil, but I am looking for others to post with their viewpoints.

Here is a better photo of bobcat tooth/jaw from Pleistocene (Florida_ about 10 photos down in the webpage.

http://paleoenterprises.com/cat.htm

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Appears to be a canid upper P3. Felids have more accessory cusps on their premolars, both upper and lower. Lower premolars on canids have much stronger posterior cusps. The upper P3 has just a single posterior cusp, sitting right on he cingulum, as does this tooth.

No way to tell if it is fossil, at least from the photo.

Rich

Edited by RichW9090

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Appears to be the same tooth - if not the identical specimen - it is also a canid upper P3 for the same reasons.

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".

Appears to be the same tooth - if not the identical specimen - it is also a canid upper P3 for the same reasons.

Yes this is the same tooth. I threw a pictorial images.