Carboniferous Plants From France 49

docdutronc

Would these be leaves, or leaflets? My assumption is that they are compound.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Would these be leaves, or leaflets? My assumption is that they are compound.

Hi Auspex

Most of these leaves are counpound ,the autors described the lepidodendron branches whith leaflets ,the common name is "leaf" like Conifera ,very difficult to find a good sample .....,look this sigillariaphylloides !!!!!!

Bruno

post-967-1227372913_thumb.jpg

Hi Auspex

Most of these leaves are counpound ,the autors described the lepidodendron branches whith leaflets ,the common name is "leaf" like Conifera ,very difficult to find a good sample .....,look this sigillariaphylloides !!!!!!

Bruno

Here is a Lepidophloios with leaves attached ,they are erected and fine .....,this sample comes from a pit near Dourges (Pas de calais ) France and has been founded by my better friend Hervé

Dusquesne....

post-967-1227978589_thumb.jpg

post-967-1227978601_thumb.jpg

post-967-1227978623_thumb.jpg

lepidodendron leaves are more short than sigillariaphylloides .....

Hi Doc,

Here are a couple of pictures of the first fossil I ever pound. Lepidodendron

I was nine years old with my parents on vacation at Robbers Cave state park in Oklahoma.

It is not very fancy, however it takes a prominent place in one of my fossil cabinets becuase it was the first.

Thought someone might like to know about this location. It was about 10 miles east of the park.

It looked like a forest fallen down in the woods there was so much material. I took buckets of it home.

Sigilaria as well.

post-1026-1227984050_thumb.jpg

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

Hi Doc,

Here are a couple of pictures of the first fossil I ever pound. Lepidodendron

I was nine years old with my parents on vacation at Robbers Cave state park in Oklahoma.

It is not very fancy, however it takes a prominent place in one of my fossil cabinets becuase it was the first.

Thought someone might like to know about this location. It was about 10 miles east of the park.

It looked like a forest fallen down in the woods there was so much material. I took buckets of it home.

Sigilaria as well.

Hi D D Aka

In reality this is a root ,lepidodendron roots ,the name is Stigmaria ficoides ....

best regards

bruno

Hi D D Aka

In reality this is a root ,lepidodendron roots ,the name is Stigmaria ficoides ....

best regards

bruno

If it doesn't have a backbone, I don't know much about it.

Thats why they call me Bones instead of Roots.

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17