Se South Dakota

This was a comment made by Squalicorax when asked about hunting in SD, "There is cretaceous outcrops along the county highways south of sioux falls along Iowa 12. Try a few roadcuts in the area."

• I found this Informative 1
squalicorax

Mostly roadcuts along the river from Sioux City to Sioux Falls. HWY 12 and 10 ect.

• I found this Informative 2

Thank You!

And I just found this link when I did a search on South Dakota Fossils: http://www.fossilsites.com/STATES/SD.HTM

And I was jealous. You have a lot more going on than Minnesota does!

Fossil museum in the Badlands!

Just do some searches and you will have some fun! If a beginner, check out my site and my adventure blog for the basics of fossil hunting.

Bev :)

http://www.travelsd.com/Outdoors/Archaeology-and-Paleontology/Paleontology

This is a must go to site for South Dakota fossil hunters! Wow, I am now totally envious! You have the Hell Creek Formation! Did you see Chele's post just a couple of days ago where they found a T-Rex!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun! :)

Again, my son and I are just starting out with this... Doing a lot of reading now... so if there are others in south east south dakota... we would love to tag along...

any other south dakota (eastern) fossil hunting crazies out there? Please email me

• 2 months later...

anyone out there that hunts for fossils in SE south dakota... I would love to hook up and search together

• 7 months later...

I found a link to the geologic formation maps for SD and put it in the pinned post by that name in the General Discussion Forum. :)

• 4 weeks later...

tj102569, I live in Sioux Falls and my son and I would love to have extra brains, eyes, and hands on our outings! If interested in joining then maybe we could get together and make some plans.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 8/18/2014 at 8:15 AM, tj102569 said:

I would be up for that.. just email me.. tj102569@yahoo.com

On 5/17/2014 at 11:15 AM, Nevin said:

tj102569, I live in Sioux Falls and my son and I would love to have extra brains, eyes, and hands on our outings! If interested in joining then maybe we could get together and make some plans.

Hello! We hunt around SE SD and parts of Nebraska and Iowa as well. I'd love to pool resources, PM me! We're working on getting a few ranches too

• 2 weeks later...
Funk.Missle

Man, I live in Sioux Falls and thought the only good spots in SD were West River thanks for the info