Hesperornis Skull Model

xonenine

Nice work, Carmine! I missed this post the first time around, in June. You sure have talent and determination. I like your handsome print too. I know how hard it is to find the time for everything, but I hope you get to work a little more on the skull. It's terrific.

Mike

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

thanks Mike! I am very excited to get back to work, and hope to start the teeth soon :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

I missed this earlier as well. Very cool project.

Thamks for the post of the print as well.

It helps so much for me to see the whole when looking at a part

B):D

looking forward to your progress

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

thanks Jim and squali, I will try to use my work layoff to good advantage :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Excellent work on the print frame, Carmine!
Looking forward to more skull pics when you get some more done.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

thanks Tim, forcing myself to cease starting any new projects is really paying off. I can't start anything else till I finish the Hesp. That frame got made through, found some kind of loophole I guess, but that's it, nothing else new. And the xmas carvings.but that's it, really :)

• 1 month later...

what with having this new Paleo Recreations category, and Lord Trilobite's recent masterpieces, I have to recommence the Hesperornis :)

I've made plenty of extra teeth, using plastic model sprue and a pencil sharpener, and will think on setting these soon now...here's where I left it:

post-4577-0-39042500-1393183863_thumb.jpg

post-4577-0-11305300-1393183874_thumb.jpg

thanks guys :) I enjoy that some people do subtractive and some do additive modeling, both are fun. I will get to work on those teeth, so far I am enamoured of the method I've chosen to make them...