Holothuroidea?

toren

I found it this spring was thinking it was just a cast of a burrow of some sort.... but today i was reading some papers out of Germany and they had a drawing that looks like they where drawing mine... they say sea cucumber..just wonderingpost-11484-0-09420200-1371330038_thumb.jpgpost-11484-0-88514900-1371330063_thumb.jpgpost-11484-0-73493700-1371330079_thumb.jpg what u all thought

This is an internal mold of a highly modified bivalve, Ascaulocardium armatum (Morton, 1833). I have a couple of specimens from the spoil piles at Reedy Point, by the Delaware Canal, and also one from the Coon Creek in Mississippi.

The paper you want to get is:

Ascaulocardium armatum (Morton, 1833), New Genus (Late Cretaceous): The Ultimate Variation on the Bivalve Paradigm
John Pojeta, Jr. and Norman F. Sohl

Memoir (The Paleontological Society)
Vol. 24, Supplement to Vol. 61, no. 6 of the Journal of Paleontology (Nov., 1987), pp. 1-77

Don

ty don for ur reply to my post ....i gave it a quick read...it would seem i have others too.. thanks again

I also have one of these from the NJ Cretaceous. Took me a long time to figure it out. But you have to love the weird bits the most.

I also have one of these from the NJ Cretaceous. Took me a long time to figure it out. But you have to love the weird bits the most.

i sure spend a lot of time looking up this small bits.... but i stumble across something else most of the time...thats what happen here....i was wrong ...but its all good... : )

I would never, ever have guessed that this is a bivalve internal mold...

What an oddity!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

this is the other one i have its not as pretty and my camera stinks post-11484-0-75081900-1371405069_thumb.jpgpost-11484-0-16908800-1371405082_thumb.jpgbut it has the bivalve showing...

Archived