Post Oak Creek, Sherman, Tx

brazosbound

Hi. We're up in Dallas for a few days from Austin and trying to get some fossil hunting in. We went to the NSR yesterday and didn't have much luck. I've heard of the Post Oak Creek in Sherman. Can anyone give me the location of an place to access it? Thanks and have a great Thanksgiving. Adam

In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved. -FDR

I know of at least one other person on this forum besides myself that is thinking about going up that way. Let us know how it goes!

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

Hi. We couldn't find the creek on 1471, we took it all the way till it dead ended, is the creek marked? I found some other directions we're going to try, I'll put them below. We're at an ihop on 75 now. Adam

"Cody, Post Oak Creek is in Sherman Tx. Go north on hwy 75 to the center/park exit. You will

see a sign that says Post Oak Creek .Take the exit and stay on the service rd until the very

next left. make a ueee at that first left and go under 75, drive south towards the creek.Pull

over and park on the grass median to the right just before the creek. You need to build a

sifter of some sort and a bring a shovel. I made my sifter out of 1/4 in mesh. Some on this

forum say to use smaller sized mesh and I agree ,as I'm sure I have lost quite a few items.

happy hunting"

Hi. Thanks for the help and encouragement, especially on a holiday. I'll post a report in the field trip section. Adam

Hi. Thanks for the help and encouragement, especially on a holiday. I'll post a report in the field trip section. Adam

DId you find anything???????

DId you find anything???????

Hi. We did find about a 6 shark teeth, a vertebrae (i think,) and a bunch of oysters. It was really a blast. My wife has a really good eye for picking them out of the gravel. When we finally got in the creek, we only hunted for about 45 min because we wanted to get to the Dallas zoo before heading back home to Austin. We'll come back for sure now that we know what to look for, and where to look.

Hi. We did find about a 6 shark teeth, a vertebrae (i think,) and a bunch of oysters. It was really a blast. My wife has a really good eye for picking them out of the gravel. When we finally got in the creek, we only hunted for about 45 min because we wanted to get to the Dallas zoo before heading back home to Austin. We'll come back for sure now that we know what to look for, and where to look.

Great can't wait to see pics and welcome to the forum. Next time ya'll come up let us know and maybe some of us can get together and we can take ya'll to some of our places to hunt.

Great can't wait to see pics and welcome to the forum. Next time ya'll come up let us know and maybe some of us can get together and we can take ya'll to some of our places to hunt.

Hi, and thanks. Thanks for the offer, and much appreciated. This trip was spur of the moment, we were in Dallas to see the Tut exhibit and decided to stay on a few days.