Please Help To Identify

Windybelle

My first impression (don't take it to the bank) is that it might be a piece of stream-worn oyster shell. If it is shell material, the coloration makes a good case for its being fossil.

We have members who might be more familiar with such from your area; let's see what they think.

Welcome to the Forum :)

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Wow, that is one cool rock. I would for sure keep it. :)

Marilyn

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, and thinking what nobody has thought.

Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

Is it laying on a cutting board? Is this a test? It looks like a piece of a deer brisket.. freshly cut.

I'm sorry that is what it looks like to me.

Cheers

Ed

Thanks for the warm welcome. I just bought this property and it has tons of large and small gravel and shells. I'm excited to find this website, I'll be sending more pictures soon.

Mr. Ed I would not suggest putting it on a biscuit, it maybe hard to chew ;)

post-12253-0-17171300-1371738431_thumb.jpg

post-12253-0-24969300-1371739019_thumb.jpg

Hi Again

Nice to have fossils right at home. I don't see anything that looks like a fossil in that rock except maybe the color and general appearance. Nothing specific. You are right ..it would make a toothbreaker of a sandwich. I once saw at a rock show.. a whole table set with rocks. The plates, knives, forks, spoons, potatoes, carrots, bacon, eggs, celery, beets, and pots and pans and more were all polished rock.

Sounds like it won't be long before you have more to post. Good luck with id on that one.

Cheers

Ed