A Christmas Present For Auspex;from The Barcelona Show!

MOROPUS

I realize, that assisting to this fairs, some of the "rocks", look very impressive. But the real value is given by those of us who specialize on determinated stuff.

This was a wonderfull specimen from your country, but as I don`t know anithing about fossil birds and "it was quite expensive!", here you are! :P

My Christmas present! XD

post-62-1227811384_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoy it! :D

Feliz Navidad!

That looks like it may have come from the Green River formation (Eocene) in the Utah/Wyoming/Colorado tri-corner regeon. While leaves and insects can often be identified from this lagerstadt, feathers usually have to be called "sp. ind.", and are casually assigned to "shorebirds".

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Here are a few more from that area:

post-423-1227848511_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848528_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848546_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848558_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848571_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848584_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848601_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848610_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848622_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848654_thumb.jpg

post-423-1227848672_thumb.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Feliz Navidad!

That looks like it may have come from the Green River formation (Eocene) in the Utah/Wyoming/Colorado tri-corner regeon. While leaves and insects can often be identified from this lagerstadt, feathers usually have to be called "sp. ind.", and are casually assigned to "shorebirds".

You`re right. It comes from somewhere in the Green River Formation.

Feliz Navidad!

If MOROPUS permits me, I want add another gift to Auspex, because he is an "Aus" lover :D

post-41-1227971875_thumb.jpg

post-41-1227971907_thumb.jpg

If MOROPUS permits me, I want add another gift to Auspex, because he is an "Aus" lover :D

Ooooh; please tell me everything you know about this one! :)

As you must guess is a close up of our Cosesaurus aviceps, the claimed protoavian :rolleyes::-)

Ahh! Somewhat controvercial to claim it is an avian forebearer, but at the least it demonstrates the genetic disposition toward structures that would prove beneficial in the evolution of birds (and perhaps more than once). For this alone, it is a magnificent fossil!

Those fossils are awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!

ouh MB i didn't knew you had such thing in your area !!!

i agree with Paleoninja !!!

you have crabs but also interesting triassic layers ... !! :drool:

Wow, those are neat. I used to collect stuff like that from WY in a place not in SW WY. My friend was with me once and took some back to college to show her professer (I didnt find it unique b/c the stuff was everywhere as far as I was concerned). Then she called me up one day and told me that the spot I collected was rare for the area I found it in (how? like I said, the stuff was EVERYWHERE). Now, y'all are making me want to go back and see what all I left. Of course, I will have to go back in the summertime as it is all covered in snow by now.

I can't come up with anything clever enough for my signature...yet.

MB, be careful with the Copyrights! I know from where that pic belongs!...UPS! ;)

...OOOPS! (for English talkers!) :D