Round Classifier (Prospecting) Screens?

CrocodileJen

Anyone have any experience with prospecting classifier screens? Can't make my own right now, was wondering if these would help me

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&searchTerm=+classifier

wondering if the plastic one would be a waste of money vs stainless, and trying to decide between 1/4, 1/2, or both.

one nice thing is they fit right over a 5 gallon bucket so you don't have to hold it up

post-9240-0-20823700-1371734546.jpg

post-9240-0-76043700-1371734578.jpg

post-9240-0-10374100-1371734608.jpg

I use homemade prospecting screens in the creeks of SC for fossil hunting, and also in NC for gold prospecting. My favortie size for both applicationsis 3/8". I'm not familiar with the ones you pictured above, but they look plastic, which is great for saving weight if you

have to walk in and out of your hunting area, but you might be sacrificing some durability. Depending on the cost of the ones you have pictured you might be better off grabbing a few pasta strainers from the dollar store, they are really cheap ($1, lol) and I have used them in the past with a lot of success (and they fit nicely in a backpack!). They usually last me about 5-10 creeks sessions before they start to fall apart. A friend of mine and fellow forum member CountrytimeKing uses a steel pasta strainer with a long handle so that it acts as both a strainer and a nice scoop. Usually cookwear is cheaper than speciallty outdoor equipment. Hope this helps.

Edited by ibuprofen200mg