Put Away My Nikon, I Got An Iphone!

fossiljim

When I recently got an iPhone 5, I thought that it would be great for snapshot pics. I had no idea how great a camera it has, especially when used in conjunction with the many terrific photography apps designed for it. Now I use it for all my fossil pics. Bye bye Nikon!

post-8748-0-38551900-1371779452_thumb.jpg

What apps are you using? I'm still getting used to mine and I've had it 6 months. If I were a teenager I would have had it all figured out in the first hour but sadly I'm not so still on that learning curve.

I've done the same for photos of specimens and outcrops. Plus, it's handy to have a camera that can slip into any pocket rather than a horsey DSLR. Of course, the Nikon is still handy for subjects that require zooming and telephoto lenses (i.e. wildlife).

What apps do you use with your iPhone? For one, I'd like to get something that can prevent overexposure of white areas.

Context is critical.

I use Camera+ the most, especially liking the separate finger slide focus and exposure points, but am learning to use PhotoStudio and Snapseed as well. When I got the phone a month ago I checked out 3 different iPhone photography books from the library. I discovered that I tend to favor visual learning so I went to my favorite internet tool - youtube. Each of the apps has several videos on techniques. Love that youtube!

• I found this Informative 1

Hey, Jim. I didn't realize you were on here. I hope you are finding something small in the POC material.

Alas, I have not found very much, but then I haven't spent a lot of time on it. Neal has distracted me with some fusulinid filled material from Brownwood. Have you had a chance to look at the Permian material?

post-8748-0-28696400-1372539140_thumb.jpg