MakoMeCrazy

Devonian Brachiopods From Ny

MakoMeCrazy

Recently bought some Brachiopods from a forum member. They look really cool. I've always wanted brachiopods like these, so I decided to go ahead and buy. Enjoy! Info is in the description.

Close up starts at 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvVdr3q_y4I

Edited by MakoMeCrazy

fossilcrazy

MakoMeCrazy,

I'm from Western New York and you do have an attractive cluster of Mediospirifer audaculus. Middle Devonian about ~380 MYO. It is not common to see multiples of that species in such close proximity. I don't know how expensive it was, but is definitely a display worthy plate. Enjoy your beautiful Spirifer Brachs.

Auspex

I think this is an extraordinarily attractive display piece (Mikey does good work!), and I am glad to see it in appreciative hands. :)

MakoMeCrazy

MakoMeCrazy,

I'm from Western New York and you do have an attractive cluster of Mediospirifer audaculus. Middle Devonian about ~380 MYO. It is not common to see multiples of that species in such close proximity. I don't know how expensive it was, but is definitely a display worthy plate. Enjoy your beautiful Spirifer Brachs.

Thank you very much. I was very pleased with the buy as you can tell! They just looked phenomenal and it was a sale that I couldn't pass up. I have a passion for personally finding every fossil I find, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. Once I get a display case, they will be the first ones to go in there. Hopefully I can make a trip up to NY in the next couple years to find some myself.

MakoMeCrazy

I think this is an extraordinarily attractive display piece (Mikey does good work!), and I am glad to see it in appreciative hands. :)

It definitely is an extraordinary display piece! :D Mikey does do excellent work!! It was too good to pass up imo. These are now the oldest fossils in my collection and I was very shocked on how well they were preserved. I have to get up there some day. I would love to find some horn corals, trilos, brachiopods, crinoids etc. I need them in my collection because they are a very important part of fossil history!

Mediospirifer

It definitely is an extraordinary display piece! :D Mikey does do excellent work!! It was too good to pass up imo. These are now the oldest fossils in my collection and I was very shocked on how well they were preserved. I have to get up there some day. I would love to find some horn corals, trilos, brachiopods, crinoids etc. I need them in my collection because they are a very important part of fossil history!

Try the Penn-Dixie site if/when you do get up to NY. I was there a month ago, and found horn corals, brachiopods (4 different species), 2 species of trilobites (mostly pieces, but some nice complete Greenops rana, a few belemnites, pyritized coral or crinoid pieces and ammonites...lots of very cool stuff! Look at the Penn-Dixie page for a more complete description of my trip. http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/1406-penn-dixie-site/

Good luck!

Mediospirifer

And, of course, that is a gorgeous cluster of brachios.

MakoMeCrazy

Try the Penn-Dixie site if/when you do get up to NY. I was there a month ago, and found horn corals, brachiopods (4 different species), 2 species of trilobites (mostly pieces, but some nice complete Greenops rana, a few belemnites, pyritized coral or crinoid pieces and ammonites...lots of very cool stuff! Look at the Penn-Dixie page for a more complete description of my trip. http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/1406-penn-dixie-site/

Good luck!

Thank you for the information. I hope to make a trip up north some time soon. Hopefully I can meet up with a forum member when I go! I would love to add some trilos or some more brachiopods to my collection.

Mediospirifer

Thank you for the information. I hope to make a trip up north some time soon. Hopefully I can meet up with a forum member when I go! I would love to add some trilos or some more brachiopods to my collection.

If you can get up to this area, feel free to PM me with a date. My husband & I have been planning to go back to P-D sometime, possibly in September with our local mineral club. I'd be happy to try linking up!