Cat Litter Buckets

meanwun

I have cats and have found that certain brand buckets make handy seats and if you sit right allow you to be able to deposit "goodies" into them. I mainly use these for fishing, but it occurred to me that they would work for fossil hunting. In the picture you can see both flaps. The back/seat part can be open for larger objects. Also the plastic part you grip on the handle seems to be bigger and easier on the hands than 10 gallon buckets. Just an idea and I hope it helps.

100614663-260x260-0-0_Nestle+Tidy+Cats+2

I saw the title and had to look. That's a clever, useful re-purposing.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

I use these for just about anything. I dont have any place fancy to put my finds so ones that are more sturdy (or less impressive) get wrapped up and put in the bucket. I also use them to put tools in (transporting them), bird seed, potting soil, etc. Also if you fill them with sand, they make great weight to put in the bed of my pickup. Easier then having bags of sand deteriorate over winter and easier to move too.

I've got many of those that I use for many purposes, like miscellaneous fossil and rock fragments or for in the garage for stuff that'll rust if left exposed. My favorite for stashing bulk fossils are plastic coffee cannisters. I hate throwing out useful containers.

It's awesome that so many people actually use them, I hate seeing these in the trash. How many of you sit back a bit so you can open the small flap while sitting? Hopefully this allows the people who haven't been exposed to these see the value.