Are You A Fossil-holic?

Fat Boy

Hi, I'm Kevin...and I'm a fossil-holic.

I think about it all day. I can't wait to go again. I don't care where I go as long as there are fossils to collect of any kind, (but especially marine vertebrate fossils). My family is tired of my ability to bring fossil material home and occupying more and more space in the house, carport, shed, yard, basement, living room, rec room, and today the kitchen. Even though they think it's all cool stuff, they are wondering how soon it will be before I have to take over my daughter's room. My computer is running out of memory as I add full size pics after each trip, and I'm too busy collecting to take the time to burn them on CDs. My wife thinks that it's her camera too (LOL). I'm addicted to The Fossil Forum.

I think it's time for some group therapy. Let's go collecting :P

Kevin Wilson

Hi, I'm Kevin...and I'm a fossil-holic.

I think about it all day. I can't wait to go again. I don't care where I go as long as there are fossils to collect of any kind, (but especially marine vertebrate fossils). My family is tired of my ability to bring fossil material home and occupying more and more space in the house, carport, shed, yard, basement, living room, rec room, and today the kitchen. Even though they think it's all cool stuff, they are wondering how soon it will be before I have to take over my daughter's room. My computer is running out of memory as I add full size pics after each trip, and I'm too busy collecting to take the time to burn them on CDs. My wife thinks that it's her camera too (LOL). I'm addicted to The Fossil Forum.

I think it's time for some group therapy. Let's go collecting :P

You have whats commonly known as ECFCD (Excessive Compulsive Fossil Collecting Disorder)

I had it a few years ago. The only solution is to Divorce your wife, give up your friends and family (Accept those that collect as well)

Buy a 40,000. sq. ft. house leaving enough room for a toilet and single bed. (As long as they don't interfere with displays)

Build 15 to 20 storage buildings.

Force your employer to fire you so you can receive unemployment, go on welfare, (So you have more time to collect) SS for your disability, leap to pay your gas bill, Wick and Grit programs for food.

No problem!!

v = 0.25 * g0.5 * SL1.67 * h-1.17

I noticed that your a hunter as well.

I got over my hunting disorder by finally getting my trophy'.

Enjoy!!!

post-1026-1228406382_thumb.jpg

post-1026-1228406411_thumb.jpg

I noticed that your a hunter as well.

I got over my hunting disorder by finally getting my trophy'.

Enjoy!!!

Wow, that's quite a rack! Very nice! I'd be interested in the story behind them (either a post or PM). I'd have to mount him ankle high in my rec room to get the rack to fit, LOL! Nice black bear too. Hunting (especially bowhunting) for whitetails is also one of my favorite things to do. Unfortunately this year I've been strapped for time and, unbelievably, haven't been out in the woods yet. Believe it or not, I like late season better anyway because there are less hunters out there. It's fun to be addicted to several hobbies! Here is a pic of the last buck that I shot in Ohio using my blackpowder rifle:

Picture002resized.jpg

OK, I have to confess...I'm addicted to:

steelhead fishing

bowhunting

ice fishing

bass fishing

any type of fishing

fossil collecting

fossil collecting while fishing

fishing while fossil collecting

...and I coach a fastpitch softball travel team. So, my confession is that I don't spend ALL of my free time fossil collecting, but lately it's been the most dominant hobby of mine.

Kevin Wilson

OMG, that is the biggest mule I've ever seen, what does he score? must be a world record!

Before I clicked and enlarged the pic I thought it could be a whitetail until I saw the ears. If that was a whitetail and I'd have seen it, I would have fainted on the spot. Heck, a muley like that would probably send me into a convulsive spiral!

Kevin Wilson

Guest Nicholas

I'm definitely a fossil-holic. I include fossils in all my school work, I read news and papers on the subject constantly, I collect, buy, and trade. If I had more accessible sites I would collect EVERY day, I hunt in the snow if I can see the rock. I'll pretty well do anything for a fossil.

My wife asked me what I want for xmas, I say... a fossil anything will do. If you find it yourself even better!

Nice Buck Kevin. Is that a 54 cal muzzle? I miss bass fishing from Texas.

Nothing like laying into a 10lb. bass during spawn.

Trout up here, I would use for bait.

My buck hasn't been scored as of yet. Wildlife division said it would need to dry for 12 months. (shrinkage) Not like on Sienfeld.

He has 39 scoreable points, non typical of course. Double drop tines, three sets of brow tines he was 39 7/8" wide the last time I measured him.

Game warden says he should take at least 2nd in the state.

Cabellas is wanting him for Springfield. I have a couple of companies wanting to put his pic on their package.

Nice Buck Kevin. Is that a 54 cal muzzle? I miss bass fishing from Texas.

Nothing like laying into a 10lb. bass during spawn.

Trout up here, I would use for bait.

My buck hasn't been scored as of yet. Wildlife division said it would need to dry for 12 months. (shrinkage) Not like on Sienfeld.

He has 39 scoreable points, non typical of course. Double drop tines, three sets of brow tines he was 39 7/8" wide the last time I measured him.

Game warden says he should take at least 2nd in the state.

Cabellas is wanting him for Springfield. I have a couple of companies wanting to put his pic on their package.

Wow Dave, that's quite an honor! Please keep us informed on the status of the scoring! I think that I'd have a hard time parting with it forever. Is there any chance that they could rent it from you ensuring that you get it back some day?

The gun in my pic is a 50 caliber Remington blackpowder rifle. Ironically, my two best bucks came while hunting in Ohio with it and they would have been easy bow shots, both within 15 yards. I have several bucks with a bow, but yet to beat those. We don't get the 10 pound bass here in Maryland we get a few caught each year. A big bass here is about 7-8 pounds for a largemouth and about 4-5 pounds for a smallmouth. Despite the decreased maximum sizes, the average sizes are pretty good and the fish are plentiful. I'm spoiled on the trout fishing too. After fishing the Great Lakes and their tributaries, the ones around here look like fry.

Nicholas, your addiction has probably surpassed mine, but I can relate. My Xmas present could be any of the addictions that I've posted above and I'd be pleased. Heck, I'd be happy with simply free time to collect as a present!

Kevin Wilson

The grand kids don't call me Grampa Dino just because I'm old. Anything doing with dino's I got at lest one of them almost. I'm still looking for that T REX. :D

OMG, that is the biggest mule I've ever seen, what does he score? must be a world record!

He kinda looks almost as big as the one that dam neared ran us down last weekend when we was fossil huntin and you without your gun. <_<