Some Fossils From Donbass 3

RomanK

Very beautiful, and such variety! Even the stones look like at least 7 different compositions.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Very cool specimens. When I was in elementary school I brought in a partial meg tooth to class. Another teacher realized my interest in fossils and gave me a beautiful fern fossil leaf from his personal collection. It had a specimen number on it and everything (white paint background, black ink from a micron pen). I really thought that was so nice to get such a fine specimen. I still have the fern in my collection.

Anyway, very nice specimens, and even the rock matrix color variations are interesting.

ok, wait a sec, rewind that -

i've never wanted any marking on my fossils because i like them just like they came. are you saying that it's cool to have the little while spot with black lettering on it on fossils? nah, nevermind, i just can't do it.

man, your elementary teacher gave you a cool fossil and all my elementary teacher ever gave me was bad conduct grades. but how was i to know that those synthetic materials they made clothes from back then were so darn flammable?

(p.s. - i'm probably kidding.)

ok, wait a sec, rewind that -

i've never wanted any marking on my fossils because i like them just like they came. are you saying that it's cool to have the little while spot with black lettering on it on fossils? nah, nevermind, i just can't do it.

man, your elementary teacher gave you a cool fossil and all my elementary teacher ever gave me was bad conduct grades. but how was i to know that those synthetic materials they made clothes from back then were so darn flammable?

(p.s. - i'm probably kidding.)

My guess is you probably are not.!!!!!!!!!! :D

post-814-1228421947_thumb.jpgpost-814-1228421962_thumb.jpgpost-814-1228421974_thumb.jpgpost-814-1228421997_thumb.jpgpost-814-1228422018_thumb.jpgpost-814-1228422049_thumb.jpgpost-814-1228422087_thumb.jpg[attachme

n

t=14993:fern_bra...d_leaves.jpg]

Hi Roman ,very nice ,alethopteris has narrow pinnules ,likely Alethopteris decurrens Artis ,Look Zeiller 1886 ,plates XXXIV and XXXV ....

Congratulations

Very cool specimens. When I was in elementary school I brought in a partial meg tooth to class. Another teacher realized my interest in fossils and gave me a beautiful fern fossil leaf from his personal collection. It had a specimen number on it and everything (white paint background, black ink from a micron pen). I really thought that was so nice to get such a fine specimen. I still have the fern in my collection.

Anyway, very nice specimens, and even the rock matrix color variations are interesting.

Thanks a lot, Pristiformes.

Very Nice RomanK, especialy the top one. I like eye appeal fossils. But speaking of white paint and black lettering, before I dontated all my important stuff to several museums, almost all of my specimens had the black lettering on a spot of white. Usually in an out of the way spot if possible, but along with that, each specimen also had a card with some pertinent info and the number on the fossil corrosponded with the same number in a book with all info possible about that particular fossil. This made the fossils much more important, and it also made it possible to write off 10's of thousands of dollars on my taxes over 4 years, and im not done yet. Mind you, I wouldnt bother numbering my unimportant fossils.

RB