How Do You Carry Your Finds Out?

pinkpantherbeekeeper

Impressive! That brings to mind the scene where Bugs Bunny is mining giant carrots...

I carry a backpack and wear a nail pouch.

When the nail pouch fills up, I transfer to the backpack.

Works great!

post-6603-0-19453100-1428795217_thumb.jpg

Here's a great addition to my Mazon hunting. It's small diameter helps a ton getting through the thick brush. Also the cushioned strap helps when hauling 70lbs of nodules a few miles. Also the pocket is great for my phone, keys, fragile finds, etc. I made a lid with snaps to keep my finds in. I also made a small hand strap to help balance the weight while walking.

It was a junior sized golf bag. Now its a great fossiling tool.

post-14584-0-69431100-1428875238_thumb.jpg

This with my handmade leather rock pouch, i can haul about a 5gl bucket out.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

At Saint Clair, I used a small folding handcart/dolly which worked well to haul material back along the path. The one thing I wish I had done was to wrap each item in something (plastic wrap maybe). The Saint Clair material is quite fragile and tended to break apart during the jostling. Now it is hard to know where the broken parts go since they were all put together in a few large containers.

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.–Carl Sagan

I do a lot of collecting in rivers, so a backpack, lots of ziplock bags, a waterproof box for electronics (phone and such), a knife just in case I encounter an attack with a vicious bear or wild chihuahua. I also carry lots of paper towels to protect fragile specimens, it is cheap and seems to be pretty effective.

Archived