Hmmm

JessieHall

Wut?

I attempted to respond and all I came up with was Wut? also. Well, that and other remarks that would have been disregarded. Waste of time. Believe it or not I THINK he means do they find things themselves, or on a site (TFF) and find them by ID'ing? Just a guess. I feel dumber for trying to understand...

Edited by lissa318

I think this guy is one of those people who like to join forums and make bogus posts just to annoy people and get pleasure from it.

He should be ignored and banned.

What Prk also said.

Edited by Batty

im on a whole ocean scene I could show u rock formations that are amazing if u have any vision I don't need experts to tell me anything about how or where to find I need them to tell me what I found but I have a crappy camera and ur site is nearly impossible to attach picture files to because there to large even after cropping. I get aggravated even trying to put a picture on here let alone several so u can see the whole piece... now do these people actually find em themselves or are they on a site and their the ones that found it? theres a difference

Oh really ? I spent five years gaining my degree in Natural sciences and Geology studying part time from home with the Open university it gave me a true understanding of land forms rock formations etc , so my questions are where did you gain your knowledge of geology ? , how do you know what you are looking at in the field ? and finally let me tell you there are people on here who have far more knowledge than I can even dream of , I respect them because they have spent time in the field doing proper research , please be more respectful it is embarrassing to read your replies geesh !! why am I bothering :angry:

Im very annoyed good bye :shake head:

• I found this Informative 1

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'

sorry folks my post was a bit to strong aplogies to you all :blush: Im embarrassed for myself now :(

"A man who stares at a rock must have a lot on his mind... or nothing at all'

sorry folks my post was a bit to strong aplogies to you all :blush: Im embarrassed for myself now :(

Don't apologise, what I was actually saying to the air in the lounge whilst reading his snarge was rather colourful and would make a seasoned sailor blush.

Hi,

I agree with you all. This guy is disrespectful. He arrives by saying that he is a beginner, but he wants to give lessons to everybody, he is nevertheless the best, and the other members of TFF are ignoramuses !

I intervene only rarely to give my opinion onto this behavior, but when this kind of situation lasts, when the eminent members of this forum are rebuffed and are discredited by somebody of whom I would say that he is... (non after all, I wouldn't say that !), that irritate me a lot ! How can we let make that ? His place isn't here, He doesn't deserve to be with us ! He has nothing commun with our community, and doesn't want to progress. He is a troll, he is only damaging our forum !

I am sorry to be also direct, but my answer is up to (like) my exasperation! Even if it isn't easy for me to tell all this in English (with the risk to be misunderstood).

Coco

PS : And in spite of two different requests, he continues to use the SMS/texto language !

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Bye bye, troll; it's been real. Don't call us, and we won't call you.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

After counseling and two warnings, we've decided to bid this member adieu.

(You should have seen the foul stuff he posted that was removed!)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

Bye bye, troll; it's been real. Don't call us, and we won't call you.

Thank goodness!!! I'm not sure how much more of that I could handle! :(

Anyone deserves a chance to find their footing within our community standards (the on-line-forums universe can be a pretty gnarly place), but there was no effort made by this gentleman. Quite possibly, this was on purpose, as opposed to some pathologic inability. We tried, though.

Thanks Auspex

Indeed. I don't know how Auspex and all the other admins and mods do what they do. Auspex is the perfect admin. He protects all of us and handles the tech stuff that would probably drive most of us into confusion. At the same time, he is decent, cordial and fun. Another big T H A N K S !

:blush:

The entire staff works hard, I'm maybe just the most public face.

All the members that tried to help this person, despite his social shortcomings, showed what this Forum is all about.

My thanks as well to all the members of the forum for again showing what a great place this is, even for us 'lurkers'.

Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen, and thinking what nobody has thought.

Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

I thank you a lot Chas of this decision. One more time, I thank all the administrator and moderator team who make sometimes thankless work, but how much useful for the quiet and the respect on this nice forum.

I know what is administrator work, I am one on several french forums, and I know that it isn't every day easy and funny !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

But will he reappear under another name or does the system have the ability to recognise the device used to make the original account and ban it?

Thanks,about time!

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

But will he reappear under another name or does the system have the ability to recognise the device used to make the original account and ban it?

It would take persistent effort, for which he has displayed little aptitude.

It would take persistent effort, for which he has displayed little aptitude.

But he is the world's most bestest fossil hunter in the world or something.

Context is critical.

But he is the world's most bestest fossil hunter in the world or something.

Hahaha that cracked me up

The posts were a waste of electrons

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Is it considered being a fossil "hunter" if you just stumble on rocks with fossils in them? Without even looking for them... Or knowing anything about fossils? Lots of members join because they found something intriguing. They then learn about what they found, what else can be found, and want to find more. I am now pondering this... There was no initiative or desire to learn more about his surroundings or to make an effort to get better pics. I thought it was a kid at first (with britches that were to big), but kids are usually eager to learn more. I think it was someone that has way to much cyber time on there hands. Maybe if they took up a worthwhile hobby they would be more productive with their time. Who knows, he may end up being a great photographer???