Follow In Master's Footsteps Or When The Fiction Overtakes The Reality 1

docdutronc

I follow the master's footsteps ,Zeiller 1886 ,my "bible" ,Bassin Houiller de Valenciennes ;description de la flore fossile.....

post-967-1228659385_thumb.jpg

post-967-1228659418_thumb.jpg

post-967-1228659453_thumb.jpg

post-967-1228659489_thumb.jpg

Bruno, with each new post, the magnitude of your work is slowly dawning on me...

Even a slow student such as I can see that it is important.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Every time I see that you have made a new post I can't wait to open it, because I know that it is going to be worth it. I have learned so much from you and seen some of the most beautiful specimens in the world. Your work and knowledge of plant material will touch many for years to come.

I follow the master's footsteps ,Zeiller 1886 ,my "bible" ,Bassin Houiller de Valenciennes ;description de la flore fossile.....

The picture number 3 ,halonia's reconstruction is drawing by my friend Hervé Duquesne ,unfortunatly he don't speak english and he can't crush by words ,he draws......

The picture number 3 ,halonia's reconstruction is drawing by my friend Hervé Duquesne ,unfortunatly he don't speak english and he can't crush by words ,he draws......

I am sure that his drawing is perfect down to the last detail. He is very good.

Bruno, with each new post, the magnitude of your work is slowly dawning on me...

Even a slow student such as I can see that it is important.

because it is a work of great magnitude that I conssacre fossil plants and because my source near me is a chance

Every time I see that you have made a new post I can't wait to open it, because I know that it is going to be worth it. I have learned so much from you and seen some of the most beautiful specimens in the world. Your work and knowledge of plant material will touch many for years to come.

"It is going to be worth it " I don' t know, but I am pleased to share my passion for fossil plants, I'm just a little disappointed not to receive pictures of U.S. plants, may be that American fans n 'dare to post their findings ....

I do not want to be the best, maybe my pictures may suggest, flora of American pennsylvanian's level is specific and is similar to the north of France and Europe but it is unknown to me ....

I searched the heaps for nearly 30 years, I still discover something new in my Paleobotany coal output is an evolving science...

thank you again for your compliment...

best regards of France

bruno

Bruno,

those pieces are really phantastic. In Belgium they are hard to find. Here is a picture of one we found near Mons.

Thanks again for all your photographs and knowledge. :P

Peter

dscn2513.jpg

Bruno,

those pieces are really phantastic. In Belgium they are hard to find. Here is a picture of one we found near Mons.

Thanks again for all your photographs and knowledge. :P

Peter

dscn2513.jpg

Bonjour Peter ,il s'agit d 'un rameau de lepidophloios (rameau halonial ) c'est une contre enpreinte ,les parties porteuses de strobus sont proeminentes quand il s 'agit d 'une empreinte ....,ce specimen est suberbe ,felicitations pour cette trouvaille ,est elle rescente ???

Hi Peter, it is a twig lepidophloios (halonial branch) is a enpreinte against the parties carry strobus are prominent when it is a footprint ...., this specimen is suberbe, Congratulations for this finding, it is rescent?

best regards

bruno

Hi Bruno,

thanks for the compliments. Thomas found this one last summer on our usual spot. Its about 30 cm.

Kind regards

Peter